“No frills, more than adequate” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Banff Inn

Save Saved
You added Banff Inn to your Saves list
Banff Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   501 Banff Avenue, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1A9, Canada   |
Ranked #24 of 33 hotels in Banff
Calgary, Canada
“No frills, more than adequate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here just for a weekend. No complaints...room was clean upon arrival & although we arrived an hour prior to check-in time of 4, we were able to go straight up to our room.
Basic with mini fridge, small coffee maker and super-duper comfortable beds!
Continental breakfast was adequate (coffee not the greatest) but not a huge selection. We did not eat at the hotel other than breakfast or make use of hot tub.
I would stay here again. Friendly staff, convenient underground parking.
A no-frills hotel. If you want something super-swanky, this would not be for you but we were happy enough.

Stayed January 2014

220 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Korean first
Edmonton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

I had an enjoyable stay here! The beds are very nice and comfortable after a day of skiing! The TV was brutal but who cares About TV. The hot tub/ steam room was awesome and also very refreshing apres ski. I'd choose this hotel again as the price was very reasonable and they honored the online discount!

• Stayed January 2014
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

My issue with the hotel was the late check in of 4pm and when it was time to check out at 11am, we were packing our stuff as there was a knock on the door at 11:05am asking if we were checking out. Then at 11:10am, there was a call from the front desk asking AGAIN if we're checking out. It felt like we were being harassed to leave immediately! Yes we were late for 10 minutes from the check out time but because we have a baby with us, it took us longer to pack our stuff. But there was no consideration for that. And with the late check in, they should be a little more lenient with their check out time, plus they know we have a baby.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

This was a last minute booking and the check in was seamless. Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. While I chose to park on the street, it was great to know that underground, secure parking was available.
The room had everything I was looking for, including a small fridge to chill the wine. The beds were amazingly comfortable, which made for a very restful sleep.
In the morning, I took advantage of the continental breakfast in the restaurant, which was plentiful with cereal, toast, bagels, boiled eggs, fruit and drinks. I was impressed and it certainly filled the spot.
The hotel is within walking distance of downtown (about a 5 - 10 minute walk), so extremely convenient.
I would highly recommend it!

Room Tip: I would request a room facing Cougar Street rather than Banff Ave.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Jasper, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

I actually stay here every time I'm in Banff.. The rooms are very nice and always extremely clean. For being in a massive tourist destination, the prices are awesome and fair.. The location is perfect, a 5 minute walk to the down town. Highly recommend this place!

• Stayed November 2013
mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Had a great stay in banff for the family ski trip. The Banff Inn was very accommodating for our family and the food in the restaurant was great. Definitely will stay here again. Also met the owner of the hotel who gave us some great recommendations for downtown dining. Absolutely loved banff

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

The staff were rude and refused to help. Upon checking in the price they quoted me over the phone is not what they charged me prior to getting there . They charged me another $100 a night on top of this. Then months down the road I recieved my credit card statement and they had charged more to the card. When phoning the general manager they avoided me and never did get back to me so I talked to the day manager and she was very rude. She screamed at me and accused me of horrible crewd things with no knowledge of what she was speaking. This hotel is not what everybody thinks it is and i hope you dont book there as you will be very disappointed.

Room Tip: pick another hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
CATEYES7, Manager at Banff Inn, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you for your response and concerns about our hotel, however based on your comments we do not charge our guests until they check out and based on your review you mentioned that we did prior to your arrival, perhaps you are mistaken with another Banff hotel that you stayed in, we always honor the rate given when time of booking, so if we overcharged you upon your arrival you would have noticed when you saw your credit card charge prior to arriving at the hotel as per your statement.

Banff Inn

Been to Banff Inn? Share your experiences!