Together with my family (total of four people, including 2 teenage children) we spent a total of three nights at the Banff Caribou Lodge, in August 2007.
The hotel building is pleasant. In particular the lobby is nice (with lots of wood),. The room, even though not new and not particulalrly spacious, was always well maintained and clean and thus perfectly ok. We found this important and were happy in this respect.
At the same time, we had to note several drawbacks:
The hotel has a fairly large capacity (to my knowledge: close to 200 beds) which implies that in a busy period of time (such as August) the restaurant, in which breakfast is served as well, is almost always full which we found unpleasant due to the rather high level of noise. Against this background, we did not understand at all why every morning there was the need to "serve" loud pop music in parallel with the breakfast. which otherwise was fine.
On a negative side to note also that the steak which we ate on the evening of our arrival was not good at all. We were really disappointed. The restaurant is rather expensive, and you may thus well consider having lunch or dinner elsehwere in Banff.
Also and in contrast to the rest of fthe hotel staff, the (young, apparently rather inexperienced) lady at the reception who took care of us upon arrival and (by coincidence) also at the time of our departure despite a superficial smile on her face made us feel guests of second class, as if the hotel was granting us a favour....
At the same time, in our view the price was rather high. Including breakfast and taxes we paid about 1000 dollars for three nights.
We feel you should be in a position to get more for your money. In conclusion we give an "average" grade only.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Banff Caribou Lodge is centrally located on Banff Avenue, Banff's main street. It offers the Keg Restaurant, Red Earth Spa (a full service spa), free underground parking, free wifi, fitness room, hot pool and steam room. This lodge type accommodation has a large and inviting lobby to greet you to Banff. Enjoy your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banff Caribou Lodge And Spa
- Banff Caribou Hotel Banff
- Caribou Banff
- Caribou Lodge Banff