“Bad Experience both times!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa

You added Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa to your Saves list
Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   521 Banff Avenue | Box 1070, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1H8, Canada   |
Ranked #9 of 31 Hotels in Banff
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Calgary, Canada
“Bad Experience both times!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We recently stayed at the Banff Caribou Lodge for the second time this year and we were disappointed. We unfortunately left a pair of shoes and a couple pieces of clothing in the room. When we unpacked later at home, we discovered that we have left the clothes behind and not realizing we left the shoes too. I called and spoke with Manager on duty and he assured me that they have procedure in place where the housekeeping staff would vacate the room before the next guest arrive. He informed me that there were only a pair of shoes left behind and not the clothes. I understand that it is my fault for forgetting personal items behind but I am disappointed that they cannot located the clothes. The clothes doesn't disappear on its own from the closet. In addition, when we stayed the first time in January, a guest left a bunch of threatening notes on our car in the parkade because we didn't realize we took up two spots as the parking spot(s) were between two pillars and the dividing line was faded. When I notify the front desk, they just told me to throw out the notes and not to worry about the it. Overall, poor handling of both situations.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Great exterior of the place, and wonderful hot pool. Could have a bit better service and address and help their customers before answering the phone and having a conversation in the middle of checking you in. Rooms a bit tight walk in the door and instantly run into a wall, no air conditioning in the room so was a very hot sleep! Was told there was someone at front desk 24/7! And we called 4 times and never got an answer once!! Beautiful hotel but needs better service!

Stayed May 2015
CaribouFOM, Front Office Manager at Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Jackalynn M,

Thank you for your review and we appreciate the opportunity to respond. Your feedback regarding our customer service is definitely alarming as our standard of service is known to be positive, consistent and effective. The comfort and happiness of our valued guest is always a priority, so please allow me to apologize if we have failed in reaching those goals.

I can assure you that your concerns have been addressed and please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly if you wish to discuss it further.

For future travelers that might stay with us, we would like to clarify that the hotel does not have air conditioning. A fan is provided in each room, although it is generally not needed in the Rockies as the evening temperature drops considerably.

Best regards,
Strathclair, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Hotel and staff were fine but If you book Hotels online NEVER USE EXPEDIA. If you have in the past make sure to check your Credit Card since I had a separate charge on my card which was never authorized or disclosed. Also was charged the wrong rate and Expedia unwilling to adjust.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Medicine Hat, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I travelled here as part of a pre-booked hockey tour package and it was excellent. The security deposit was a bit steep at $200 but understandable due to the different teams present. The facilities in the hotel were brilliant and the hot tub was a must after a couple of hours on the ice. It was a very pleasant stay, as far as my fuzzy head can remember, and the staff were brilliant. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed at this hotel at Easter. It is a reasonable walk into main part of Banff. We were travelling with our 2 adult boys. I had booked a superior room as it mentioned a view. When we checked into our room, staying for 3 nights, we were very disappointed at the overall size of the room. We barely had room for our bags! We have travelled significantly and I can honestly say this was one of the smallest rooms we have ever been in with 2 Queen beds! Good job we didn't spend much time in our room. I did express my disappointment to the front desk manager and received little response. The upgrade for a view is actually an "exterior" view...which means not looking over the courtyard. This wouldn't make a significant difference as the windows are small and very limited view at best. We did have a wonderful meal at the Keg which is in the hotel - always terrific food and was great service! They unfortunately do not take reservations. I did use the gym, which is very small but functional. I am not sure how long you could be in the hot pools as just walking by my eyes burned from the chemicals! There is morning coffee in the lobby which was nice. It was a short drive to Sunshine for skiing and an easy drive to Lake Louise. The town of Banff is just gorgeous with breathtaking scenery all around!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

With a couple minor issues in our first two rooms, the hotel took excellent care of my wife and I. Beautirul room we had. Tom at the front desk was awesome. Room was nice and comfortable. Pool was great. Recomend to stay here. Would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed at the Caribou Lodge fifteen years ago for our honeymoon, we loved it then and we loved it now! The beautiful scene when you enter the lobby, the Keg there for any time of day. We had breakfast there, amazing food. The accommodation was awesome. The beds were comfortable (and I'm fussy with my bed). The huge hot tub which is easy access. The view amazing and so close to town. If you like to walk it's only fifteen minutes walk to the Main Street. But there is a shuttle that goes every 40 minutes right in front of the hotel, and it's complimentary. Caribou Lodge is perfect and I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room right in front of the elevator.