I was worried about this hotel, but in the end was proven wrong.
The staff are friendly and helpful. Particular mention should be made to the barman in the Keg originating from Ipswich, who went out of his way to assist us and showed great kindness to my wife who was ill when we went in for a meal.
The rooms are dark but nicely furnished, and the fact that they did not have AC was cured by a fan provided and the fact the window could be opened. I would imagine however that in very hot conditions a fan would not be sufficient to cool the room.
The Keg also doubled has the breakfast room, with a decent selection of food, but the scrambled eggs you could have used for filling in potholes. Their Egg Benedict was however not bad at all. Because of my wife's stomach problem we only ate once in the Keg in the evening, she did not have a full meal at all, but what I had the quality was very good.
Overall a nice hotel, and we would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Banff Caribou Lodge is centrally located on Banff Avenue, Banff's main street. It offers the Keg Restaurant, Red Earth Spa (a full service spa), free underground parking, free wifi, fitness room, hot pool and steam room. This lodge type accommodation has a large and inviting lobby to greet you to Banff. Enjoy your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banff Caribou Hotel Banff
- Banff Caribou Lodge And Spa
- Caribou Banff
- Caribou Lodge Banff