On the whole we really enjoyed our stay here. There are a few negatives that stopped me from giving the hotel a 5 star rating though.
Very quiet location in town.
Waiting and front desk staff are all friendly and helpful. Ask them anything, any time and they will be more than happy to help.
Rooms are a good size.
Free bus pass for local service.
Free hot tub &steam room.
Beds were comfy.
It is very hot in the hotel and rooms have no air-con. You can the heating off and open the window, but then the smoke smells from the hotel's lobby fire come into the room!
House keeping is pretty bad, only just acceptable. The room maids failed every day to make the beds properly and the sheets came off in the night, exposing a bare mattress that is not too clean. The room looked like it hadn't seen a vacuum cleaner in a long time, a light coating of dust all over the room. Brightware (taps etc) and mirror in bathroom were never polished or cleaned during our stay.
Way too much chlorine is used in the hot tub and it made our eyes burn - so only used this once in a whole weeks stay!
I witnessed room service maid writing her own tips on the bills she had collected. In broad daylight in the lift, casually adding $3 to every bill that hadn't been filled in!
We really liked the hotel and can accept things like the heating and fire smoke are just the way it is. But i really do not think the housekeeping is up to par and needs some serious attention. We resulted to making the beds ourselves because the maids did such a poor job! If you pay on your room bill for anything please fully complete the form unless you want the staff to add their own tips!
On the whole I would honestly say it is worthwhile staying here and you could doubtless do worse elsewhere - they just need to improve in some areas (urgently).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Banff Caribou Lodge is centrally located on Banff Avenue, Banff's main street. It offers the Keg Restaurant, Red Earth Spa (a full service spa), free underground parking, free wifi, fitness room, hot pool and steam room. This lodge type accommodation has a large and inviting lobby to greet you to Banff. Enjoy your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banff Caribou Lodge And Spa
- Banff Caribou Hotel Banff
- Caribou Banff
- Caribou Lodge Banff