We stayed in the Banff Cariboo Lodge and Spa for 2 nights in June. The room was ok, but no air-con, although a fan is provided. Couldn't sleep with the window open as too noisy from traffic. The staff were very helpful.
Went on the recommended evening safari, which was a waste of time and money. Don't bother! On getting on the bus, the guide told us not to expect to see any wildlife! we drove for 45 minutes collecting people from different hotels, during which the guide/driver didn't say a word and then drove aimlessly around looking for non-existent bears! Then a repeat of the 45 minute drop off of people.
We didn't eat in the hotel, but the breakfast looked good. We went to another hotel nearby, which had a cheaper breakfast.
Free coffee/tea in reception up to 11am, which was a nice touch.
All in all, the hotel is in a good position, within walking distance of the main town and our trip in the cable car to Sulphur Mountain was great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Banff Caribou Lodge is centrally located on Banff Avenue, Banff's main street. It offers the Keg Restaurant, Red Earth Spa (a full service spa), free underground parking, free wifi, fitness room, hot pool and steam room. This lodge type accommodation has a large and inviting lobby to greet you to Banff. Enjoy your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banff Caribou Lodge And Spa
- Banff Caribou Hotel Banff
- Caribou Banff
- Caribou Lodge Banff