“Clean, Comfortable and Quiet” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa

Save Saved
You added Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa to your Saves list
Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   521 Banff Avenue | Box 1070, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1H8, Canada   |
Ranked #8 of 33 hotels in Banff
Calgary
“Clean, Comfortable and Quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in a King room and the bed was very comfortable. Nice clean, large rooms with good sized bathroom. Nice amenities such as the hot pool and steam room, as well as free transit passes for the bus. Underground parking is a nice feature too. I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

1,179 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed at the Banff Caribou Lodge for four nights in June of this year and loved it. Due to the flooding this year we could not make our original destination of Canmore and so had to book into the Caribou Lodge but were very pleased with the outcome. The staff were so helpful and went above and beyond. It was a difficult time for a lot of people due to the flooding and we originally only booked oursleves in for one night however as the roads were not going to be open we stayed another three days and we were able to stay in the same rooms which was wonderful after moving so much. They also arranged for us to get the airport by a coach which would have saved us a 6 hour drive due to road closures. The rooms were very clean and up to a very high standard. The bathroom was clean and new looking with lovely features making it live up to it's 'lodge' name. The hotel had a 'Keg' restaurant attached to it which again although a little pricey was very handy after a long day of driving. We tried out the hot pool which was lovely after an exhausting day. it was very clean and had plenty of towels to use. We also used the washing machine and tumble dryer which were very handy. The only downside is that one of the lifts was not working for most of the trip which meant a long wait for those of us that could not manage stairs. The hotel was in a good location and we were able to walk to several other restaurants. However we did need a car. The rooms did not have a/c but were equipped with a fan which we did not find the need to use. I would definatly book this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed at the Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa last friday. The hotel looks good, but we didn't have a good experience though. We were in 4 people, but they only provided 3 towels and 1 soap. We called and asked for 1 more towel and soap, of course. Although, they didn't send anything and say anything about that. I was very angry because of this situation, and I didn't complain while we were there because I didn't want to stress out during my "vacation". Also, the beds are terrible... not comfortable!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Astana, Astana, Kazakhstan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I got the stay at Caribou Lodge in Banff as a Christmas gift from my friends in Calgary. After a couple of hours on the bus I arrived at a nice little place - just as nice and small as most of the hotels and other house on the street - and still smart-looking. The inter-city bus stop was comfortably situated right in front of the hotel. Turned out I was getting a great room upstars, you know, the room where the roof is actually the incline of a real roof - I actually like such rooms very much, and at last I got to spend at least a couple of nights in such!
The room was simple and not big at all, but it was just me. There were two not-so-small beds set up, and it was just fine as the second bed was just a surface for my clothes and souvenirs )
I pretty much tried to get as much information from the front-desk staff as possible, and I succeeded, and they still stayed very calm and smiling and helpful ) I still remember a guest service guy with a nice last name - England - he was on the last that I was on and I believe I asked him some same question several times - just because I still couldn't understand what choice would've been best in something.. They also found a charger for my Blackberry, so I was relieved to at last be able to contact my friends as the battery went dead quite fast due to cold weather outside.
Banff itself is just a fairy-tale town that you see in movies all in snow and colored lights and just want to suddenly be there. The lodge was almost on the edge of Banff, and when you start off to the center, you see all of it. I was provided with a 2-day (duration of my stay) bus pass, but used it only to get to the cable-railway, and walked at other times just 'cause it was so cold and - great! outside )

Room Tip: I just liked the one I stayed in - with an inclined roof. Felt like I live in a big house, and all t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Bowmanville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We booked this hotel through bookings.com, and were quite surprised. It was a wonderful hotel to start off our holidays. The staff were friendly, knowledge about the area. The rooms were clean and tastefully decorated. The beds were incredibly comfy, they provided a playpen for my son at no extra cost. The bathrooms were a great size, especially when getting my three boys readyfor the day. We loved the hot pool, a favourite for my boys. If we are ever in Banff again, we will most likely stay here.
Oh, and because the hotel is a bit of a walk from downtown, they provided us with bus passes.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bendigo, Victoria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed two nights here. Had originally only booked for one but loved it so much we wanted to stay a second night. The hotel was quite heavily booked but the front desk manager was able to fins a vacancy in one of their suites which is just beautiful. We loved the style the hotel was decorated in, very different to typical boring hotels in the area. A great choice, were disappointed to leave.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Bathgate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed in a suite, it was lovely - comfy bed, jacuzzi with a view and all the usuals you would expect. Staff were friendly and happy to give advice (you can get a free travel card at reception which gives you free bus travel). Food and service in the keg restaurant was good.
Only negative was that there was no air con in the room (although this seemed to be the case in most of the hotels in this area).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!