“Not good!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa

Save Saved
You added Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa to your Saves list
Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   521 Banff Avenue | Box 1070, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1H8, Canada   |
Ranked #7 of 33 hotels in Banff
Vancouver, Canada
“Not good!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed at the Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa last friday. The hotel looks good, but we didn't have a good experience though. We were in 4 people, but they only provided 3 towels and 1 soap. We called and asked for 1 more towel and soap, of course. Although, they didn't send anything and say anything about that. I was very angry because of this situation, and I didn't complain while we were there because I didn't want to stress out during my "vacation". Also, the beds are terrible... not comfortable!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

1,140 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Astana, Astana, Kazakhstan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I got the stay at Caribou Lodge in Banff as a Christmas gift from my friends in Calgary. After a couple of hours on the bus I arrived at a nice little place - just as nice and small as most of the hotels and other house on the street - and still smart-looking. The inter-city bus stop was comfortably situated right in front of the hotel. Turned out I was getting a great room upstars, you know, the room where the roof is actually the incline of a real roof - I actually like such rooms very much, and at last I got to spend at least a couple of nights in such!
The room was simple and not big at all, but it was just me. There were two not-so-small beds set up, and it was just fine as the second bed was just a surface for my clothes and souvenirs )
I pretty much tried to get as much information from the front-desk staff as possible, and I succeeded, and they still stayed very calm and smiling and helpful ) I still remember a guest service guy with a nice last name - England - he was on the last that I was on and I believe I asked him some same question several times - just because I still couldn't understand what choice would've been best in something.. They also found a charger for my Blackberry, so I was relieved to at last be able to contact my friends as the battery went dead quite fast due to cold weather outside.
Banff itself is just a fairy-tale town that you see in movies all in snow and colored lights and just want to suddenly be there. The lodge was almost on the edge of Banff, and when you start off to the center, you see all of it. I was provided with a 2-day (duration of my stay) bus pass, but used it only to get to the cable-railway, and walked at other times just 'cause it was so cold and - great! outside )

Room Tip: I just liked the one I stayed in - with an inclined roof. Felt like I live in a big house, and all t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Bowmanville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We booked this hotel through bookings.com, and were quite surprised. It was a wonderful hotel to start off our holidays. The staff were friendly, knowledge about the area. The rooms were clean and tastefully decorated. The beds were incredibly comfy, they provided a playpen for my son at no extra cost. The bathrooms were a great size, especially when getting my three boys readyfor the day. We loved the hot pool, a favourite for my boys. If we are ever in Banff again, we will most likely stay here.
Oh, and because the hotel is a bit of a walk from downtown, they provided us with bus passes.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bendigo, Victoria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed two nights here. Had originally only booked for one but loved it so much we wanted to stay a second night. The hotel was quite heavily booked but the front desk manager was able to fins a vacancy in one of their suites which is just beautiful. We loved the style the hotel was decorated in, very different to typical boring hotels in the area. A great choice, were disappointed to leave.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Bathgate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed in a suite, it was lovely - comfy bed, jacuzzi with a view and all the usuals you would expect. Staff were friendly and happy to give advice (you can get a free travel card at reception which gives you free bus travel). Food and service in the keg restaurant was good.
Only negative was that there was no air con in the room (although this seemed to be the case in most of the hotels in this area).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Located about 1.5km from the centre of Banff, the Caribou Lodge has well presented, clean rooms that do not have air conditioning but a fan is provided to cool the room during warm nights. Staff were pleasant and friendly although check-in was a little slow as only 1 clerk on duty. Our room faced the street but we were not affected by outside noise although movement of other guests from around 6:30 am did disturb our sleep during our stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

The setting for this hotel is hard to beat and the rooms and service dont disappoint - good value for money and a nice experience - good pub / restaurant in the hotel and all amenities you could hope for

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!