I got the stay at Caribou Lodge in Banff as a Christmas gift from my friends in Calgary. After a couple of hours on the bus I arrived at a nice little place - just as nice and small as most of the hotels and other house on the street - and still smart-looking. The inter-city bus stop was comfortably situated right in front of the hotel. Turned out I was getting a great room upstars, you know, the room where the roof is actually the incline of a real roof - I actually like such rooms very much, and at last I got to spend at least a couple of nights in such!
The room was simple and not big at all, but it was just me. There were two not-so-small beds set up, and it was just fine as the second bed was just a surface for my clothes and souvenirs )
I pretty much tried to get as much information from the front-desk staff as possible, and I succeeded, and they still stayed very calm and smiling and helpful ) I still remember a guest service guy with a nice last name - England - he was on the last that I was on and I believe I asked him some same question several times - just because I still couldn't understand what choice would've been best in something.. They also found a charger for my Blackberry, so I was relieved to at last be able to contact my friends as the battery went dead quite fast due to cold weather outside.
Banff itself is just a fairy-tale town that you see in movies all in snow and colored lights and just want to suddenly be there. The lodge was almost on the edge of Banff, and when you start off to the center, you see all of it. I was provided with a 2-day (duration of my stay) bus pass, but used it only to get to the cable-railway, and walked at other times just 'cause it was so cold and - great! outside )
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Banff Caribou Lodge is centrally located on Banff Avenue, Banff's main street. It offers the Keg Restaurant, Red Earth Spa (a full service spa), free underground parking, free wifi, fitness room, hot pool and steam room. This lodge type accommodation has a large and inviting lobby to greet you to Banff. Enjoy your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banff Caribou Lodge And Spa
- Banff Caribou Hotel Banff
- Caribou Banff
- Caribou Lodge Banff