We stayed here for 3 nights as part of our trip to the rockies. We were given a complimentary upgrade to a superior room as we had mentioned upon booking that it was our wedding anniversary.
We were in room 451, which although did not have a balcony as some others did, still had a nice view and was as very quiet, we didn’t hear any noise at all during our stay here. Of the 5 hotels we stayed in during our Canada trip, our best nights sleep were had here. We could have slept right through the whole morning if we hadn’t set our alarms as it was so quiet and the curtains blocked out all light.
The hotel facilities were great, lovely large jet pool and sauna which we used most evenings.
As mentioned on previous reviews the rooms are quite stuffy as there is no air conditioning but we asked for an extra fan and were brought one within minutes.
We also ate the keg restaurant one night and had a great meal, although it is slightly more expensive than some other restaurants in the area.
We left before the flood crisis occurred so were not affected by this whilst in Banff, however we were caught out in Jasper instead as we had planned on staying at the Chateau lake louise for our last night before travelling back to airport. However due to the road closures we couldn’t go which was terribly disappointing.
On the plus side though we did see a mother grizzly bear with her 2 baby cubs on the drive from Banff to Jasper on the Bow Valley Parkway. They had been in the area for about a week or so look out for them just before Peyto lake. We also saw another grizzly bear during our stay and 6 black bears so we were vey happy!
Would definitely recommend for anyone visiting Banff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Banff Caribou Lodge is centrally located on Banff Avenue, Banff's main street. It offers the Keg Restaurant, Red Earth Spa (a full service spa), free underground parking, free wifi, fitness room, hot pool and steam room. This lodge type accommodation has a large and inviting lobby to greet you to Banff. Enjoy your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Otel, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banff Caribou Lodge And Spa
- Banff Caribou Hotel Banff
- Caribou Banff
- Caribou Lodge Banff