We stayed here for 4 nights in late May when it was wet and cold (the weather not the hotel) and the hotel’s hot pool was extremely welcome. Bring your swimming costumes.
We liked the hotel very much. The staff were friendly and helpful., the room was nice with a comfortable king-size bed and a really nice bathroom, and everything was really clean. It was also very quiet. I don’t know if the rooms either side were occupied but if they were the walls are solid because we didn’t hear a thing.
We liked the location too. It’s easy to find, just on the left as you enter Banff from the Calgary direction. It’s a 10 minute stroll (or 2 minute walk) into town but we were glad we weren’t more central, especially Saturday night when the centre was quite noisy. The hotel has a free underground car-park and, very conveniently, there’s lift access directly from the car-park to your floor.
We didn’t eat in the restaurant but did have a drink and a light meal in the bar. We had veggie flatbreads (ok) and scallops with bacon (lovely) with a mega glass of a nice dry white plus a couple of excellent local beers.
Overall, very good experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Banff Caribou Lodge is centrally located on Banff Avenue, Banff's main street. It offers the Keg Restaurant, Red Earth Spa (a full service spa), free underground parking, free wifi, fitness room, hot pool and steam room. This lodge type accommodation has a large and inviting lobby to greet you to Banff. Enjoy your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banff Caribou Lodge And Spa
- Banff Caribou Hotel Banff
- Caribou Banff
- Caribou Lodge Banff