Just returned from 1 week's stay in Banff for skiing. This was our third trip to Banff (first time with our kids) having stayed previously at Irwin's and the Rundle Manor with groups of friends. The hotel met expectations from the brochure info/website and from the moment we arrived there was always a smiling face in reception to help with enquiries etc.
The on site Keg restaurant could not be faulted on food quality or level of service. The servers all had time to chat which made you feel at home and that they were genuinely interested in ensuring a good dining experience. After a long day travelling from the UK our first meal was very enjoyable and I couldn't fault the cooking of steaks (which I enjoyed on 2 occasions!) It is worth asking for the bar menu too as the main menu offered for dinner doesn't include the Nachos starter which are well worth ordering - make sure you add the spicy chicken!
The breakfast buffet is plentiful and a great way to prepare for a long day on the slopes.
Location wise we found the hotel perfect. The ski shuttle stops outside which is really welcome with a family load of skis to handle in the mornings. The Roam bus came in handy for cold evening transfers into the town area but the 15 minute walk back after a big Canadian supper in town is no issue and in fact a good way to walk off dessert! It's also the 3rd stop back from the slopes so being that little bit further out does have it's advantages.
The only criticism I would have is that in a room for 4 people the storage space for clothes is limited. This does mean that by the end of the week things get a little cluttered. Perhaps we pack too much but 6 drawers and a small wardrobe for 4 people was insufficient and therefore our clothes ended up piled on the side as I don't like living out of my luggage.
The bathroom was spotless and an endless supply of hot water helped to soak away tired skiing legs. We only went to the Spa tub once as it was very hot and the kids were not keen however don't let this put you off.
The receptionists were really helpful and gave us recommendations on where to eat in town and even helped with where to get lessons etc. We didn't opt for their private lessons and instead booked via the Ski Hub desk which again is very handily on site. Definitely book kids lessons, rental and lift pass packages for lake Louise as this was the cheaper option compared to Sunshine where packages were not available, and was great advise from the guy on the desk.
All in all a great stay and would recommend the hotel. We may well be back although perhaps with less luggage next time :)
- Also Known As:
- Banff Caribou Hotel Banff
- Banff Caribou Lodge And Spa
- Banff Caribou Hotel
- Banff Caribou Lodge
- Caribou Lodge
- Caribou Banff
- Caribou Lodge Banff
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Banff Caribou Lodge is centrally located on Banff Avenue, Banff's main street. It offers the Keg Restaurant, Red Earth Spa (a full service spa), free underground parking, free wifi, fitness room, hot pool and steam room. This lodge type accommodation has a large and inviting lobby to greet you to Banff. Enjoy your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Otel, Olotels, HotelTravel.com and Tingo so you can book your Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.