I arrived at the Caribou Lodge on the Banff Airporter Shuttle ( another real good service) and before the driver could even get my luggage to the curbside there was a hotel staff member right there to take my bags inside. The book-in process was quickly done, but not so rushed to leave one in a state of "nodding agreement" and not really understanding all the details. The hotel provided me with a free 3day pass for unlimited travel on the regular bus service ( another efficient operation) after 3 days they simple issued me another complimentary bus pass. I know that not every establishment in Banff provides a bus pass.
The lobby is fab with a large fireplace that is always warmingly welcoming guests from the outdoors. Just off the lobby is a restaurant called The Keg. It is very nice, however I did find the friendly staff to be a little to hurried so some errors were made, but not enough to be a serious problem. Also, off the lobby is a nice cozy lounge, that had managed to give me a friendly welcome with out being overly so. The clientelle was friendly and talkative without being bothersome - I don't know how an establishment achieves that outside of being so good they attract good people. Bar drinks had some of the fairest prices in town, so that was also good.
The rooms are very well appointed, the bathroom is quite large. The beds gave me some of the best sleeps, 5 of them, that I've had in a long, long time. The "blackout" drapes really work. Some mornings I arose thinking that it was still quite early only to be shocked once I opened the drapes to a brightly shining sun. I've seen these types of drapes before but never to this effect- and I was on the bright side of the hotel in the mornings.
I truly enjoyed this establishment and will be returning to stay there during the upcoming summer. Also, I was told that you can reserve you room and if a cheaper offer appears on their website, due to promos and such, just contact them by phone and you'll be given the lesser rate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Banff Caribou Lodge is centrally located on Banff Avenue, Banff's main street. It offers the Keg Restaurant, Red Earth Spa (a full service spa), free underground parking, free wifi, fitness room, hot pool and steam room. This lodge type accommodation has a large and inviting lobby to greet you to Banff. Enjoy your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Despegar.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banff Caribou Lodge And Spa
- Banff Caribou Hotel Banff
- Caribou Banff
- Caribou Lodge Banff