The Caribou Lodge has come in for really poor reviews, so on my 3rd trip to Banff, I decided to stay here, initial impressions were not bad, nice lobby, big raoring fire, friendly staff, nice bar area, and the Keg in house returant was phenominal, probably the second best steak I have ever had.
Rooms: Clean and tidy, the shower was excellent, only issue the shower head could have been higher, had to crouch down to wash my hair, powerful enough.
The only real issue with the room was the closet/wardrobe, it was tiny, not so bad on a boys skiing holiday, but if I had gone with my wife, there would not have been enough hanging space.
Previous reviews have complained about the smell of the log fire escaping into the corridoors, yes it does, was it a bad experience, yes and no, depends if you like the smell of a log fire.
You can have a cooked buffet breakfast for $15-$16 or a continental breakfast, or choose from the menu, the buffet was OK bacon, sausages, scrambled egg, french toast, tomatoes and eggs benny, I mainly had a meal off of the menu, but to be honest if you are there skiing and you are heading to Lake Louise, have breakfast there, breakfast buritto on it's own $8 and you can share it, as it's too big for one.
The hot pool was too hot the first day, well over 40 degrees, they clearly turned it down later in the week, steam room, and small firness room. nice and relaxing, could do with a small swimming pool though. Spa treatments were resonably priced, I had two massages and they WERE the best I have ever had.
So dont be put off, I think the place could do with a refresh, but after a hard day's skiing who cares that the lift looks tatty.
One bug bear!!! Get rid of the fake flowers everywhere, and get fresh daily, looks far better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Banff Caribou Lodge is centrally located on Banff Avenue, Banff's main street. It offers the Keg Restaurant, Red Earth Spa (a full service spa), free underground parking, free wifi, fitness room, hot pool and steam room. This lodge type accommodation has a large and inviting lobby to greet you to Banff. Enjoy your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banff Caribou Lodge And Spa
- Banff Caribou Hotel Banff
- Caribou Banff
- Caribou Lodge Banff