“Birthday in the Mountains” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hidden Ridge Resort

You added Hidden Ridge Resort to your Saves list
Hidden Ridge Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   901 Hidden Ridge Way, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1H8, Canada   |
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Banff
“Birthday in the Mountains”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

I must say the Hidden Ridge Resort far surpassed my expectations.
My girlfriend and I spent 4 nights there this past Feb. I was able to get a midweek discount online which allowed me to pay for a few of the upgrades which made a great impression upon arrival such as: champaign and chocolate covered strawberries, steak dinners from the keg with custom changes due to allergies, s'mores supplies and breakfast items. The keg had forgot to include the baked potatoes so the staff at the resort called the restaurant and had two hot ones delivered before I had finished the steaks on a resort BBQ. And for the mistake they gave us a free bottle of wine.
Our suite was at the back of the resort and we had deer outside the patio doors each day.
The kitchen had everything we needed, firewood for the fireplaces is readily available, and if you are a tall man like myself the shower heads are at a comfortable height.
And if that isn't enough the hot tub and pools have views of the surrounding mountains that you will never forget. If you get bored of all of this you are welcome to borrow a board game or DVD at the front desk.
I highly recommend this place for anyone looking for a place to stay in banff.

• Stayed February 2014
HiddenRidge, General Manager at Hidden Ridge Resort, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you for your comprehensive review and great unsolicited pictures you've included. We're thrilled we exceeded your expectations and that you chose to celebrate your birthday with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
Calgary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I wouldn't say this place is fantastic we booked for 6 & 1 child and the place was small. The room in the living room was quite cramped. When we went to use the bbq the lid fell right off of it. Our balcony was small and of course we had people staying downstairs from us so you can't make lots of noise. The hottub was too hot we could only be in there for a bit. Don't get me wrong it's cozy but when your with friends it's too cozy and for it being a bit rundown I would have to say it's a bit overpriced. There is a shuttle service that runs every 40 minutes to take you to town and stops at 11:00.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for the review. We're sorry you found your stay to be on the average side. We strive to provide value for our guests. We need to get the lid to that particular Weber BBQ welded so we've removed it for the work to get done. We have also completed carpet renewal in 30 rooms over the course of the last two months. I can attest to these rooms looking a lot less run down with new carpet. We hope you give us another try. We would love the opportunity to turn an average stay into an excellent one.
Nelson, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

The staff are friendly and try their best to leave a positive impression. The hot tub and views from it are exceptional. Definitely a selling feature for the resort. Also appreciate the free use of DVD's and having a DVD player in the room. The rooms are good and well maintained even though the exterior front entrance light was burnt out making it difficult to see your way into the room at night. I was very concerned with the lack of snow removal around the resort. There was packed snow and ice in the parking area to our room. No attempt had been made to remove it except to clear the snow along the yellow parking lots lines. No gravel was spread on the road way and they were very icy. This made it an "adventure" to get from our suite to the hot tub area and into our car. I checked other resorts on Tunnel Mtn. Road and noted that they all had cleared road ways and parking areas. Maybe they are more aware of the liability and service concerns when parking areas and sidewalks are left un-attended?

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for the review and your kind words regarding your stay at the resort. I regularly inspect the grounds making note of slippery/troublesome areas and we do have a full time groundskeeper. I was, however, away from the resort from March 1st to 17th and although I can't confirm that my absence was the cause for our lack of attention to certain areas, I do very much apologize for the inconvenience. Mother Nature can get on top of us pretty quickly at times and we would be happy to service any specific area of concern for any guest requests. We would look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the resort.
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We stayed here with my mum, nana and my sister and her husband for 4 nights in February. The rooms were really comfy and they had a lovely fire in the living room that heated up the place amazingly ( though there are heaters as well).

The kitchen had all the plates etc we needed, the only thing i'd say is that for four people downstairs the bar of soap they give you is tiny, and we didn't get any refills etc before we left. But they cleaned and replenished towels which was good!

It is a short bus trip into town, but we were given bus passes so it was free to go in and out of downtown Banff. It only take maybe 5mins. Just plan your trip though because it comes every 40mins. But taxi is only about $8 plus gratuity.

The hot tub is fabulous, but it was pretty busy.

Overall great hotel suited us perfectly!

Stayed February 2014
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Great location, nice place but very outdated and in need of renovations. We had a top level chalet and paid $300.00 for what I view should be half that.
Stay at the Springs or Rimrock for 250-300 and get all the amenities. This place is ok if you have 8 kids sharing the place on a ski weekend. Best thing about this stay was watching Canada win the gold medal in hockey.
Sorry, it's a 2.5 star at best!

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you for the review. We feel that we provide a lot of added value with our complimentary bus passes, DVD rentals, parking, wireless internet, local and 1-800 calls, etc. The other hotels you mention in your review charge for all of these amenities. Our rates, however, are generally highest on Saturday nights due to business levels. Although we a regularly evaluated three star property, we feel we provide five star service and fantastic value. Go Canada Go!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

As the title indicates, I am thoroughly impressed with the service provided to me here at Hidden Ridge Resort. Having been in the service industry before, I know good service when I see it. The staff here are genuinely friendly and helpful. I came in with a rough itinerary and one front desk clerk enthusiastically helped me filled out the details - a sign that she enjoys her job. The room given to us had all the essentials. We had a stove top, oven, fridge, microwave, toaster, dishwasher, and all the kitchen utensils one can think of. It's truly a home away from home. Heated floor was a nice touch! I would definitely recommend this resort to anyone traveling to the Banff area. It's 5 minutes away from downtown. You also have complimentary access to the hot tub with an amazing view of the mountains. Trust this stranger, you wont regret booking here.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your great review and your very kind words regarding our staff. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay, take pleasure in helping with itineraries and look forward to helping you and our future guests complete a perfect stay in Banff in the future.
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

We stayed 4 nights- 6 adults in a 3 bedroom apartment. It was large and clean- nicely appointed. The staff were helpful and friendly.
We loved :-
-The log fires (and making s'mores) the resort offers free kindling and logs.
-The hot tub- some interesting moments when the tub was full of people but it definitely gets you making friends
-Free bus pass for your stay- convenient tag on and off system and the hidden ridge gives it to u for free
-Great views and next to the park
- Wildlife coming to the balcony (please don't feed them though!)

I would definitely recommend this resort for a family or group getaway! We hope to be back one day.

Stayed March 2014
Thank you for your great review of the Hidden Ridge. We look forwarding to welcoming you back in the future.

Been to Hidden Ridge Resort? Share your experiences!