We stayed at Hidden Ridge in September, and thought it was quite lovely. After reading some of the other reviews which recommended the loft rooms instead of the lower one bedroom units (which are supposed to be noisy), we opted for the loft unit even though it was more space than we needed.
I imagine this place could get very noisy on weekends in the summer, however it was very quiet on the weekdays. The cabins are located next to a large campground for tents and RVs, which may also contribute to the noise in the summers, especially if you leave your windows open.
- Kitchen is well-stocked
- Room was clean, including the fridge and stove (we stayed in a dog-friendly room, which I imagine probably has a little more wear and tear than a regular room)
- It was quiet (we were there on weekdays only)
- Free bus pass to get in and around Banff centre
- Nice little trails nearby (if you have a dog, this is great for little "potty" breaks)
- Dishwashers in the room make for an easy dish clean-up
- If you don't feel like cooking, there's a convenient delivery service (menus in the room). We ordered pizza and salad from one of the restaurants in Banff, and it was delivered right to our door. They deliver food from several restaurants around Banff, from sushi to Italian to Indian food.
- They have a nice little selection of movies for those rainy days (several kids movies too)
- They don't skimp on the firewood and kindling, so if you need more, just ask
- Room didn't have the dog amenities as promised on the website (no bowls, treats or dog bed). We brought our own, so this wasn't a huge deal.
- No air-conditioning (if you leave the balcony sliding door open, this helps cool down the room a lot at night)
- Some of the cooking equipment (pans and trays) were a little sticky and had to be washed
- Parking was nutty when we were there, and it wasn't that busy. I suspect parking could be a nightmare during high season.
A tip about the coffee maker - the little packs are for 4 cups, but the coffee makers are 12 cup, so use three packages of coffee for one full pot.
We would definitely stay here again!
- Also Known As:
- Hidden Ridge Hotel Banff
- Hidden Ridge Hotel
- Hidden Ridge Resort Banff
- Hidden Ridge Banff
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on Tunnel Mountain, Hidden Ridge Resort is quiet and secluded with some of the most spectacular views in Banff and the Canadian Rockies. The modern condos feature wood burning fireplaces, full kitchens and patios or balconies. Take a stroll along one of the many hiking trails around Tunnel Mountain that start outside your door. The tranquil and secluded setting makes it one of Banff's best-kept secrets. Only a mile from downtown area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, EasyToBook, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hidden Ridge Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.