“Caitie & Brittney Rock the front desk” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hidden Ridge Resort

Save Saved
You added Hidden Ridge Resort to your Saves list
Hidden Ridge Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   901 Hidden Ridge Way, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1H8, Canada   |
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Banff
Winnipeg, Canada
“Caitie & Brittney Rock the front desk”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

3rd year for us at this place and many more to come if the outstanding service continues.

Like the title says the ladies at the front desk were exceptional at making us feel welcome and had offered us upgrades as the hotel was not at capacity.
Our kids went bananas at the upgrade.
I'm sure I'm missing a bunch of staff to thank for the experiences we've had ,but if the GM reads this then he should be giving these ladies a raise for doing there job so well.
All aspects of the resort were fantastic especially the hot pools [ best view of Banff ] and BBQ area [chatting with other guests while sharing a beer].
Brittney if you are still there next year expect a little something special from the BTE [best trip ever] Dads and kids, and Caitie hope you enjoying yours.
Don't hesitate to stay here is my recomendation.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HiddenRidge, General Manager at Hidden Ridge Resort, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you very much for the review and thank you for recongnizing Brittany and Katie for their assistance in making your stay an excellent one. They will be appropriately recognized for having their names mentioned! I can also assure you that their direct manager is aware of your request that they receive a raise. We look forward to the BTE next year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Went for a girls weekend and booked a condo/loft. The lodge came recommended. The hot tub was chilly and we had major problems finding a place to park. We parked where we were told only to discover the next day that our vehicle had been swiped by what looked to be a golf cart. When I went to address the issue, it took over 20 mins to reach a manager. This happend by phone! The manager never came down and we were not compensated what so ever for our experience. We will not be staying here again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
HiddenRidge, General Manager at Hidden Ridge Resort, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
It saddens us to see this review from your stay from June 15th-June 17th, 2012. We remember this incident and we made efforts to follow up with you. I apologize that you had a disappointing stay. I further apologize that our efforts may have fallen short of reaching you. If you never received our email response to the address provided via our online comment feedback form left after your stay, I have found record of it and I will post it again here via Trip Advisor. Our response:

Firstly let me apologise for not being available on the day of your departure. Due to a personal commitment I was not available that entire weekend. On the morning of your departure the Front Desk agent did contact our General Manager by phone regarding the incident seeking advice on how to proceed. Again I apologise for the delay this caused on handling the situation.

In regards to the damage caused to your vehicle, this is a most unfortunate incident and I realise the shock that it can cause whilst on vacation. I have read the incident report and reviewed the pictures taken prior to your departure. In the report it states that you expressed you are adamant that it was caused by a golf cart operated by a resort staff member. This is a serious accusation and one that is not taken lightly. Since your departure I have spoken to the housekeeping manager who in turn has spoken to all housekeeping representatives who were operating golf carts during the course of your stay. In conclusion no personnel reported hitting a vehicle. Unfortunately a collision was not reported or witnessed by any other guests of the property. Having inspected the golf carts personally, there doesn't appear to be any noticeable damage that has been caused recently.

You had commented upon your departure and also in your online comments that you feel the Hidden Ridge resort should compensate you in some manner. I sincerely regret the financial expense and time expense that this may cause but unfortunately without conclusive evidence or witness statements, the resort can not be held liable for traffic collisions that go unreported. In this type of scenario the Resort and guests are fully dependent on the honest nature of each individual. It would appear in this case the person who caused the damage appears to be one of a dishonest nature and this is most unfortunate for yourself and also the reputation of the resort.

I would like to take this opportunity to also address your comments regarding the parking situation. This has been and will continue to be a topic of discussion at this resort. We do realise that it can lead to frustrations during busy peak periods as all our parking is unassigned. We have looked at alternatives but unfortunately every scenario has its positive and negative aspects. If we introduced assigned parking then patrolling and enforcement can become a major obstacle and it could lead to parking fines and even vehicle towing. Obviously this may have an even more negative guest experience that what we currently have.

I realise that this incident and the manner in which it was handled leaves a very negative affect on your experience at the Hidden Ridge resort. This is regrettable from our perspective and one that saddens me. Rest assured the handling of the incident in my absence will be used as a training tool for future incidents. I apologise for the delay in contacting you but please feel free to respond with any further information or feedback. If you need any further assistance in regards to documentation for insurance purposes then I would be more than happy to help. Also, I realise that this incident may deter you from returning to the Hidden Ridge resort but if you do consider returning then feel free to contact me direct and I can certainly do my best to ensure that your next experience is free from any hindrances.

Again, I apologize that we were unable to reach you and I am sorry you will not return. Parking at the resort is complimentary but is limited to the geographical boundaries of the resort. We recommend carpooling. This occurrence was certainly a rare one for us as such I apologize if our response was unsatisfactory. We are just as committed to welcoming you back as we were ten months ago.

Kindest regards,
Peter DuBeau
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at Hidden Ridge for a week long ski trip for the last 3 years. The children have nicknamed the trip the Best Trip Ever thanks to the great rooms and super friendly staff. The kitchen and BBQ were great to keep cost down for a family trip of skiing. Also the outdoor hot tub was great after a hard day of skiing. I would recommend this place and defenitly stay at The Hidden Ridge again.

Thanks again to the friendly staff.

Minnedosa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Have stayed at Hidden Ridge many times 2- 3 weeks per year for our family ski holidays. Superior staff and service from the General Manager, Front Desk Staff right down to the cleaning and maintenance personnel. They are committed to make your stay pleasant and trouble free. Excellent view from the outdoor hot tubs as well and the they are always clean and well maintained. Any additional personal requests we had were accommodated and promptly filled. The only place to stay in Banff if you are looking for a well maintained condo

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Hidden ridge resort really impressed us. The view from our room was amazing. Hot tub on the deck overlooking the town of banff and the beautiful mountains can't be beat. The staff are very friendly and helpful with whatever u may need to get the most out of your time there. Strongly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting banff!! You won't be disappointed!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a 2 bedroom condo appartment with mezzanine, during the week of March 24/2013. We enjoyed every minute of our stay at the Hidden Ridge Resort. Front desk personel were just fantastic answeeing every request/needs we had including immediate delivery of extra wood directly to your room! The view was fantastic, the hot tub is great; confy, decent size, with amazing view on the nearby snow capped mountains.
We highly recommend this resort, great value for the price, would definitely go back. Skiing at nearby 20 minutes away Sunshine Village is just fantastic and what about the 45 minutes drive Lake Louise, wow what a view and the snow bowls...

2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Visited this hotel based on others reviews and knowing that it was rated #1 gave me high hopes, also liked that we could book a large room with enough space to accommodate our larger family (4 kids).
Upon arrival, the super friendly front desk clerk offered us an upgrade for an even larger room at a very discounted price, I thought this was kind of her to offer, and we did end up taking the larger room. When we got into our room I was surprised at how big it really was, but the layout was quite poor. We were in a games room suite, the games room was located in the basement of the suite, down a massive, steep staircase, mid floor were 2 bedrooms and then main floor housed a tiny kitchen with apartment sized appliances. Kitchen was stocked with dirty dishes, cutlery was shy of being enough for the 6 of us in the massive suite, the toaster was a 2 slice toaster (really? in a suite that sleeps 10?) The living room had one lone sofa that actually had a screw sticking out of it, my 6 year old daughter ended up gashing her heel on it. The decor is "tired". It is obvious that the houskeeping is majorly lacking in this place.
The hot pools were nice, great view, very beautiful!
The night before staying here, we stayed at the Copperstone resort just outside of Canmore, the room was very large and immaculately clean. modern decor and exceptional price! appliances were full size, which I think is better suiting for suites of this size.
Is it worth it to pay the higher prices to stay in Banff? yes, maybe if the room was really nice, well kept, clean, etc, but otherwise, I will save my 100 dollars/night, drive the extra 15-20 minutes and stay in a luxury room! but thats just me....

Room Tip: we were in room 307, massive, and about 15 steps from the pools.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the review of your one night stay at the HIdden Ridge Resort. I am happy you enjoyed the service, the pools and the space in our games room but I am, of course, disappointed that the layout of the unit and the housekeeping issues were enough to provide a poor stay. Unfortunately, all of the layouts of the games rooms are the same. All of them have Nintendo Wiis and either fooze ball or bubble hockey. The configurations of all of our room types are available online via our website. We are most happy to provide a guest at check in with an option to view rooms at arrival for the best fit.
I have most certainlly followed up with housekeeping in the unit directly and we have also remediated the issue on the sofa bed with the protruding screw which I apologize was not noticed earlier. I am also looking at some quotes for the install of a 4-slice toaster. The Hidden Ridge takes pride in being one of the most highly rated properties in Banff. Although at this time, we are no longer rated the #1 property in Banff, we believe that our facilities and service will soon bring us back to the top.

Been to Hidden Ridge Resort? Share your experiences!