“Banff Springs Excels again” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Fairmont Banff Springs

You added The Fairmont Banff Springs to your Saves list
The Fairmont Banff Springs
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   405 Spray Avenue | P.O. Box 960, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1J4, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
FREE SKI PASSES
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Banff
GreenLeadersSilver level
Prince George, British Columbia
“Banff Springs Excels again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

The President Club membership floor(5th) excels in every way. From the private and personable check-in to the staff that maintain this floor. This was the first time we had experienced this Membership option and we were not let down. The private lounge which served our breakfast and appys' in the afternoon to just being able to relax in a quiet area was so much appreciated.
Well done everyone!!! We will be back. Thank you.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
FBS1888, Manager at The Fairmont Banff Springs, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
We appreciate the accolades for our Fairmont Gold team. Thank you so much for taking the time to share, and we hope that your travels from Prince George bring you back again.

The Fairmont Banff Springs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (791)
  • Korean first
Zionsville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

The best part about this resort is just seeing this resort. I can think of no other resort where the outside of it is so captivating. We specifically drove to an overlook so we could get another view of the hotel. Then the best thing about the hotel is the view. Amazing views. We stayed in the Stanley Thompson Wing. Our room did not have a view. I was disappointed in that, but I have to say that the room itself made up for the lack of view. Plenty of space, gorgeous and spacious bathroom. The seating area was comfortable. We had a fireplace...only for looks...it was not a working fireplace. The large screen television was an unexpected plus for viewing the Super Bowl. The third best thing about the resort would have to be the service. Perhaps Canadians are known for their service (I have been overly impressed everywhere I have gone), but this resort must pride themselves on their outstanding service. Everyone seemed determined to be helpful. So many smiles! I will remember this the most. Great service.
Finally, the interior is worth a visit all on its own. It is a castle. There is a rich history at this resort. Fun, fun place. I would imagine the summer months are even better!

Room Tip: We were on the 10th floor of the Stanley Thompson Wing. The room was lovely. It does not have a vi...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for visiting from Indiana and for taking the time to share your positive experience, especially the warm and engaging service you enjoyed. We are delighted that you had a nice time and we certainly hope you can come back if your travels bring you to The Canadian Rockies again.

oklahoma city
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Ate in the grape dining room. Beautiful and historic dining room. Food was good but service was poor. Waiter and manager argued that 2011 cab was same quality and price as 2008 from same vineyard. Water glasses mostly empty. Cold coffee. Hope fairmont has higher service expectations than we experienced.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
FBS1888, Manager at The Fairmont Banff Springs, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
We appreciate your sharing your disappointment and care about your experience. A hotel representative has reached out to you to discuss it further. Please be assured that we use all feedback constructively and we will apply our necessary resources to improve.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Ok so let me start off first by saying we did not stay in one of there regular rooms. We stayed in the royal suite at the very top of the hotel. This has its own private elevator, huge bedroom, 2 fire places and library. I do think that all the rooms are good but I don't know. What I do know is that this hotel is amazing.
The service was perfect, the view amazing and the food perfection! Words can't describe this suite. Location is the best in Banff in my humble opinion. The only thing I did not like about the hotel is that there is no under ground parking, so cold and rain...but this hotel was built long ago. The spa is not any better than any other hotel. I do think that if you have the money, it is well worth it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind and positive review. We are pleased to know that above and beyond the outstanding Royal Suite, you enjoyed the service and amenities also. We are most appreciative of your taking the time to share and we hope you can visit us again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

We came here for our honeymoon in December. We booked the gold floor which is like a boutique hotel within the hotel with its own executive lounge serving canapés and cooked breakfast with its own desk. The room was smaller than expected but perfectly layed out, we had a beautiful view of the Rocky mountains. The hotel was so amazing we didn't leave that much! The spa was fantastic and the outside heated pool was a nice touch. A cosy warm welcoming hotel. Would definitely go again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Congratulations on your recent marriage and thank you for choosing The Fairmont Banff Springs for your honeymoon! We are so pleased that you enjoyed the service and ambiance of the gold floor. On behalf of the management and staff of The Fairmont Banff Springs, we wish you all the best in the years to come together.
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Overall, we enjoyed our one night stay at the Banff Springs. However there were a few surprising incidents that reduce my rating to 4.
My husband is a platinum president's club member and had requested a morning check-in as I would be staying at the hotel for the day whilst the rest of the family skied . We had even recieved an email saying that the request had been noted . On arrival I was informed that there was another platinum level guest in the room who was not due to check out until 5pm - therefore not even the usual 4pm check-in was possible.
The member of staff on the front desk , Lawrence, was great though and organised another room for me to use for the day. He knew which room we had actually been assigned for the evening and was reluctant to switch us to another. He was right not to do so as the room we eventually stayed in was excellent.
The next incident was of much greater concern though. At one point I left my jacket and purse locked in the temporary room for 15mins whilst I went to meet my family in the hotel lobby. On returning to the room I found both my jacket and purse missing. I was obviously very concerned and my first thought was that the items had been stolen - a very unpleasant feeling .
A helpful member of staff who happened to be in the corridor suggested that my items may have been moved to a new room and she went away to investigate . After a few worrying minutes the member of staff returned and she said that was indeed the case even though I hadn't been informed that the other room had now become available. My 9yr old had been in tears thinking that his iPad mini , which had been in my purse, had been taken.
We were disappointed that the hotel would allow a guest's personal items to be moved between rooms without the guest being made aware of this, and ,more importantly, without their consent .
Our concerns were passed on to the front desk manager but , surprisingly, we heard nothing more during our stay.
The last ' incident' was when we asked if we could make use of the Fairmont car to take us in to Banff town centre. The concierge informed us that " we don't do that" .My husband questioned this as the car was parked outside . The member of staff then informed us that they had a car but no driver. No apology - not even a smile.
Despite our eventful first few hours the hotel itself is a wonderful place to explore . The room we eventually ended up staying in was a Stanley Thompson suite . It was very spacious, comfortable and possibly better than we expected.
I ate twice in the Rundle Lounge and the food was both delicious and well priced. Most of the Fairmont staff were very friendly and helpful -including the young lady who helped solve the mystery of the disappearing items.
Thanks to Lawrence, we also had a very late check-out the following day which allowed my family to enjoy the hotel amenities after returning from the ski hill (no incoming hotel guest was inconvenienced by this as the room was unoccupied that night ).

Room Tip: 1801 has two queen beds, separate bed room and a balcony
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We care about your experience and we will most certainly be contacting you directly to reassure you. We appreciate the opportunity to do so.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Really enjoyed our 1 night stay here, because that is all we honestly could afford.
The view from our room of the Bow river was spectacular and the grounds of the hotel are very nice.
The outdoor pool was great on the muscles after a day of walking around, and I liked how they had an indoor pool as well.
The downfall was that no free internet (especially with the cost of the room there almost should be) We didn't eat at the hotel either because it was quite expensive.
But I highly recommend at least a one night stay in this hotel because of the service and the ambiance and the views.
Beautiful place :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
FBS1888, Manager at The Fairmont Banff Springs, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you for visiting us from Toronto! We are delighted that you enjoyed your short stay. Our loyalty program, The Fairmont President's Club, offers valuable benefits such as complimentary wifi. We certainly hope you will consider joining and perhaps you will visit us again.

The Fairmont Banff Springs

Been to The Fairmont Banff Springs? Share your experiences!