“The Best We have ever stayed at” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Fairmont Banff Springs

You added The Fairmont Banff Springs to your Saves list
The Fairmont Banff Springs
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   405 Spray Avenue | P.O. Box 960, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1J4, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
4th Night Free!
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Banff
GreenLeadersSilver level
Toronto, Canada
“The Best We have ever stayed at”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Ok so let me start off first by saying we did not stay in one of there regular rooms. We stayed in the royal suite at the very top of the hotel. This has its own private elevator, huge bedroom, 2 fire places and library. I do think that all the rooms are good but I don't know. What I do know is that this hotel is amazing.
The service was perfect, the view amazing and the food perfection! Words can't describe this suite. Location is the best in Banff in my humble opinion. The only thing I did not like about the hotel is that there is no under ground parking, so cold and rain...but this hotel was built long ago. The spa is not any better than any other hotel. I do think that if you have the money, it is well worth it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
FBS1888, Manager at The Fairmont Banff Springs, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind and positive review. We are pleased to know that above and beyond the outstanding Royal Suite, you enjoyed the service and amenities also. We are most appreciative of your taking the time to share and we hope you can visit us again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

We came here for our honeymoon in December. We booked the gold floor which is like a boutique hotel within the hotel with its own executive lounge serving canapés and cooked breakfast with its own desk. The room was smaller than expected but perfectly layed out, we had a beautiful view of the Rocky mountains. The hotel was so amazing we didn't leave that much! The spa was fantastic and the outside heated pool was a nice touch. A cosy warm welcoming hotel. Would definitely go again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Congratulations on your recent marriage and thank you for choosing The Fairmont Banff Springs for your honeymoon! We are so pleased that you enjoyed the service and ambiance of the gold floor. On behalf of the management and staff of The Fairmont Banff Springs, we wish you all the best in the years to come together.
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Overall, we enjoyed our one night stay at the Banff Springs. However there were a few surprising incidents that reduce my rating to 4.
My husband is a platinum president's club member and had requested a morning check-in as I would be staying at the hotel for the day whilst the rest of the family skied . We had even recieved an email saying that the request had been noted . On arrival I was informed that there was another platinum level guest in the room who was not due to check out until 5pm - therefore not even the usual 4pm check-in was possible.
The member of staff on the front desk , Lawrence, was great though and organised another room for me to use for the day. He knew which room we had actually been assigned for the evening and was reluctant to switch us to another. He was right not to do so as the room we eventually stayed in was excellent.
The next incident was of much greater concern though. At one point I left my jacket and purse locked in the temporary room for 15mins whilst I went to meet my family in the hotel lobby. On returning to the room I found both my jacket and purse missing. I was obviously very concerned and my first thought was that the items had been stolen - a very unpleasant feeling .
A helpful member of staff who happened to be in the corridor suggested that my items may have been moved to a new room and she went away to investigate . After a few worrying minutes the member of staff returned and she said that was indeed the case even though I hadn't been informed that the other room had now become available. My 9yr old had been in tears thinking that his iPad mini , which had been in my purse, had been taken.
We were disappointed that the hotel would allow a guest's personal items to be moved between rooms without the guest being made aware of this, and ,more importantly, without their consent .
Our concerns were passed on to the front desk manager but , surprisingly, we heard nothing more during our stay.
The last ' incident' was when we asked if we could make use of the Fairmont car to take us in to Banff town centre. The concierge informed us that " we don't do that" .My husband questioned this as the car was parked outside . The member of staff then informed us that they had a car but no driver. No apology - not even a smile.
Despite our eventful first few hours the hotel itself is a wonderful place to explore . The room we eventually ended up staying in was a Stanley Thompson suite . It was very spacious, comfortable and possibly better than we expected.
I ate twice in the Rundle Lounge and the food was both delicious and well priced. Most of the Fairmont staff were very friendly and helpful -including the young lady who helped solve the mystery of the disappearing items.
Thanks to Lawrence, we also had a very late check-out the following day which allowed my family to enjoy the hotel amenities after returning from the ski hill (no incoming hotel guest was inconvenienced by this as the room was unoccupied that night ).

Room Tip: 1801 has two queen beds, separate bed room and a balcony
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank SpudG
Thank you for your review. We care about your experience and we will most certainly be contacting you directly to reassure you. We appreciate the opportunity to do so.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Really enjoyed our 1 night stay here, because that is all we honestly could afford.
The view from our room of the Bow river was spectacular and the grounds of the hotel are very nice.
The outdoor pool was great on the muscles after a day of walking around, and I liked how they had an indoor pool as well.
The downfall was that no free internet (especially with the cost of the room there almost should be) We didn't eat at the hotel either because it was quite expensive.
But I highly recommend at least a one night stay in this hotel because of the service and the ambiance and the views.
Beautiful place :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness
FBS1888, Manager at The Fairmont Banff Springs, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you for visiting us from Toronto! We are delighted that you enjoyed your short stay. Our loyalty program, The Fairmont President's Club, offers valuable benefits such as complimentary wifi. We certainly hope you will consider joining and perhaps you will visit us again.

Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Depending on what you're staying in Banff for, this could probably be the place for you.

The Fairmont Banff Springs is amazing, maybe get yourself in the mood first by watching The Shining, or visit a website with some Banff hotel themed stories.

During one visit that I had made in the past, I arrived to a hotel running on generators... the power was out! All of the guests got glow sticks, perhaps some hotels wouldn't get away with this, but it was very fun in this hotel.

You can also spend hours just walking around the hotel, exploring different rooms and areas. The restaurants are delicious, and the views from the great morning buffet is just heavenly.

Outdoor pool is very nice too.

Staff are polite and well trained in customer service.

Awesome prices for where you are staying and in the beautiful Banff.

Room Tip: Perhaps request a room that does not have a window at the working level floor. During one of my sta...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
FBS1888, Manager at The Fairmont Banff Springs, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you for your review. Your comments have been shared with our team. They will enjoy knowing that you had an enjoyable stay, despite the outage, and including outstanding dining experiences. We appreciate your sharing your experience and hope you will return if your travels bring you back from Winnipeg.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Stayed on the 9th floor. Amazing views, I don't think there is a bad one from that high up.
We brought both our dogs, the hotel brought up 2 huge dog beds, water, food bowls, poop bags, & huge home made cookies for them.
I would highly suggest the spa, worth booking something and relaxing in their private room in your robe after.
All the staff was incredible. Everyone was super helpful and friendly. They are all there to make you as comfortable as possible.
Going home feeling very relaxed and happy. Had a great stay here.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind review. We are delighted that you, and your pets, had a wonderful stay at The Fairmont Banff Springs.
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

We had a family getaway to the Banff Springs this past weekend and it was truly amazing. From the valet service, to the front desk, the concierge, the rooms, everything was perfect. We brought our kids with us for a family weekend and they had so much fun going to the hot pool, the skating rink, and the bowling alley. The food here is quite expensive so we brought a few snacks with us but everything was perfect. If you bring kids with you, I would highly recommend doing the hotel scavenger hunt as you can see different parts of the hotel and the kids get a little prize from the treasure chest when they complete it.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Stanley Thompson wing with the kids and had a very good sized room (compared to a t...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank powelj1
Thank you for your positive review. We are pleased that your family enjoyed all aspects of the stay, including your room in the Stanley Thompson wing. We hope you will return again.