“Castle in the mountains” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Fairmont Banff Springs

You added The Fairmont Banff Springs to your Saves list
The Fairmont Banff Springs
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   405 Spray Avenue | P.O. Box 960, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1J4, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
4th Night Free!
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Banff
GreenLeadersSilver level
Edmonton, Canada
“Castle in the mountains”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stayed here recently for a conference and was upgraded to an executive suite in the Stanley Thompson wing - beautiful room which included a balcony overlooking the golf course. The room's art work was all golf related as well. When I arrived my room wasn't ready, I asked at the desk if I couldn't just have another room, he advised me that this room was worth waiting for - he was right.

I went to the Rundle Lounge for a drink while I waited for my room. Not only did they phone promptly when my room was ready, they delivered the keys to me in the lounge and my luggage was waiting for me in the room when I arrived. Talk about supreme service. My room was a little difficult to find, the Banff Springs has some quirky architecture and the room numbering system is a little strange.

Once I got the hang of it, it was very convenient to the conference centre where our conference was being held. The tech support we received for our presentation was friendly and efficient, just what you want. I ate once in the Rundle Lounge and once in the Pantry - the other meals were all part of the conference. The food and drink is a little pricy, but you're in a castle in the mountains, so you pay for that magnificent view.

I didn't have time on this trip to enjoy the spa or the outdoor heated pool, but on previous trips I have, and they are amazing. I really like Fairmont hotels in general and the Banff Springs is one of my favorites. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Shelmag
FBS1888, Manager at The Fairmont Banff Springs, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for your very positive review! We are pleased that you enjoyed your accommodations and the subsequent service you received once you had settled in. We hope to see you again soon!

Colombo, Sri Lanka
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights. I booked a single room but i ended up occupying a junior suite, which was too big for a single person. But the experience was truly luxurious. Architecture of the hotel is absolutely stunning. They do have excellent meeting rooms located a bit further to the main area of the hotel. Breakfast buffet was excellent. But in general the food is expensive and hence had to go to banff town, which is not too far away. Hotel is located close proximity to the mountains and skiing. I would recommend and would definitely go back with no second thoughts.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Dinithi_Peiris
Thank you for your review which we will share with our colleagues. We are thankful also that you look forward to returning!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

The value of service we received from the Gold Floor concierge advising and booking our excursions, comfort of the lounge, luxury of the A++ breakfast buffet, 5 o'clock goodies and all day beverages was much more than we hoped for. A day or two and it felt like home; I would return in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Our King Rooms had the 'Million Dollar' view of mountains, 5th Floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Karen L
Thank you for your positive review of Fairmont Gold, which our team will be delighted to read!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We stayed here for one night on our way through Alberta. It had a lot to live up since we had stayed at Chateau Lake Louise which we absolutely loved. I thought this hotel was great but I enjoyed Chateau Lake Louise more.

The room was comfortable and we had sort of a view of the mountains from the window that seemed to be part of the roof. The bathrooms are small but nicely appointed. We enjoyed the grounds - they are nice. There were a few disappointments, we had trouble finding a restaurant that opened for an early (11:30) lunch. We had to go into Banff to eat. It is a little away from the main drag so you need a car to get around. We also had trouble being able to print boarding passes for our flight - we could'nt - the business center was closed and they did not have kiosks or anything in the lobby like some hotels do.

We also toured around in and did the gondola - the area is spectacular and definiately recommend a visit!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the mountains
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank TravelonJo
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. I will certainly provide our Food and Beverage managers with your constructive observations also. We hope you will return again soon.

Proudly celebrating our 125th anniversary
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel twice and have dined numerous times. The rooms have always been comfortable with a view of the mountains. The bathroom is small but okay. The rooms have a wonderful decor. Fitness and swimming pools are good. They do however need to prevent people from entering the main swimming pool who are not in the appropriate attire. I have seen that during my last stay. Dinning restaurants are really good. The breakfast however isn't consistent. If you ever have the server Daniel at the Bow Valley, you'll be in good hands. This hotel is also pet friendly. So bring your best friend on your next trip.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gauri K
FBS1888, Manager at The Fairmont Banff Springs, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and have shared your review with our team at the Spa and restaurants.

We hope to see you again soon.

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

The best hotel in the Canadian rockies. Perfect getaway to recharge. You have awesome views from any room, world class spa, great sushi restaurant, and a German pub called Waldhaus that has a 2 litre glass boot full of German beer awesomeness.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Gold Floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Todd W
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay, especially our dining establishments!
Our team will be happy to know you enjoyed the Samurai and Waldhaus!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Still a great hotel..lots of history and views.....rooms are nice...what you would expect of the type of hotel and price point...food and service was excellent...we were there during a quite time and there was lots to do ..see and no lines.....golf...horse rides/....pool...hiking ...you cannot beat it.!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your review and for coming back for a second visit! We hope there will be many more.