I stayed here recently for a conference and was upgraded to an executive suite in the Stanley Thompson wing - beautiful room which included a balcony overlooking the golf course. The room's art work was all golf related as well. When I arrived my room wasn't ready, I asked at the desk if I couldn't just have another room, he advised me that this room was worth waiting for - he was right.
I went to the Rundle Lounge for a drink while I waited for my room. Not only did they phone promptly when my room was ready, they delivered the keys to me in the lounge and my luggage was waiting for me in the room when I arrived. Talk about supreme service. My room was a little difficult to find, the Banff Springs has some quirky architecture and the room numbering system is a little strange.
Once I got the hang of it, it was very convenient to the conference centre where our conference was being held. The tech support we received for our presentation was friendly and efficient, just what you want. I ate once in the Rundle Lounge and once in the Pantry - the other meals were all part of the conference. The food and drink is a little pricy, but you're in a castle in the mountains, so you pay for that magnificent view.
I didn't have time on this trip to enjoy the spa or the outdoor heated pool, but on previous trips I have, and they are amazing. I really like Fairmont hotels in general and the Banff Springs is one of my favorites. I would definitely go back.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel Banff
- The Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel
- Banff Springs Hotel
- Fairmont Banff Springs
- Fairmont Banff
- Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel
- The Fairmont Banff Springs Banff
- Fairmont Banff Hotel
- Fairmont Hotel Banff
- Banff Fairmont
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Banff National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the world famous Fairmont Banff Springs resort stands as a landmark in the picturesque alpine town of Banff. This year round luxury resort is styled after a Scottish baronial castle and offers guests spectacular mountain and valley views, a championship golf course during the summer, unparalleled skiing in the winter, and an award-winning European-style spa, the Willow Steam Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your The Fairmont Banff Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.