In Nov 2011, we stayed at the Springs and were not impressed, if you research through you can see our review. Now here we are again for another stay. This time we stayed from April 17-19 2013. I have to say that this was a much better experience. My spouse attended a conference here and thats why we came back. We also brought our dog this time, now we have a very Large breed dog and this was not a issue at all.
The valet service was excellent, they learn your name very fast and are prompt with your vehicle when you call, they say expect 15-20 minutes from when you call, on average it was under 15. Check in was prompt and efficient. The bellman brought our bags up to our room within 15 minutes of check in and when offered a tip he refused, stating it was built into the cost all ready.
We were in Room 273, this is a pet room with an amazing view out the back of the hotel through the valley. The room was very clean, king sized bed, flat screen tv, desk, chairs all your typical furnishings, 2 mini fridges. Plus, they had dishes with a treat for the dog and a bed for the dog. the bathroom is small but but had been brought up to modern standards, a far cry better than the last time we stayed here. With a hotel this old, the rooms are smaller, but this one had been reno'd in the last while I would say.
This time we at all meals off site from the hotel
We love the pool here, there is a nice indoor pool, but the outdoor heated mineral pool is fantastic. Nice and warm with great views. Gym has all your needs for lifting/cardio.
Valet staff/check in staff were great. One staff member stood out among the others. Tony the bellman. Tony was conducting the historical tour of the hotel, which is free for guests. His knowledge of the property was excellent and his customer service skills were great. A strong asset to the Springs in having staff like this fellow working for them. I highly suggest taking in his tour. I expressed a interest about seeing more of the hotel and he was gracious enough to show me more of the hotel and explain how things have changed through he years.
We were happily surprised by our visit this time, room and service were excellent. If all my visits are like this then I will happily stay here again. If you want to experience history, have great service, but don't mind a smaller room, with a little pricier tag attached to it, then give the Banff Springs a try.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Banff National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the world famous Fairmont Banff Springs resort stands as a landmark in the picturesque alpine town of Banff. This year round luxury resort is styled after a Scottish baronial castle and offers guests spectacular mountain and valley views, a championship golf course during the summer, unparalleled skiing in the winter, and an award-winning European-style spa, the Willow Steam Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Fairmont Banff Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel Banff
- Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel
- The Fairmont Banff Springs Banff
- Fairmont Banff Hotel
- Fairmont Hotel Banff
- Banff Fairmont