I had the opportunity to spend one night at the Banff Springs for a business meeting mid-February; it is SUCH a lovely place!!
I had a "delux mountain-view room" with a king-size bed, and the view really was beautiful! The bed was comfortable, although I must admit, I do love Westin beds a bit more, but it was a really close comparison.
The bathroom was a bit small as other's have mentioned, however - it's a bathroom, I wasn't planning on having any parties so for one or two people to use its perfect. I appreciated its cleanliness and the tub was WONDERFUL! It was super clean and HUGE! I'm 5'7 and decided to take a bath and I was able to stretch out and enjoy a proper soak, I was able to be completely submerged!! Loved it! If I had been skiing I can see this a major plus to staying here.
The room had a kuerig coffee machine which was also appreciated, although the coffee I made tasted a bit funny and I don't know if it was because the machine was stored closed and I noticed condensation inside of it (maybe there was old water still in it?). They did have individual creamers in the fridge as well, which is nice instead of whitener.
I don't like to have supper by myself and when I do, I went down to the pub (Waldhaus, pub not restaurant) and had a really enjoyable meal at the bar. The staff are all extremely friendly, helpful, and genuinely enjoy their jobs. This stood out for me because in my home city customer service is lacking, and many people just 'do' their job, not enjoy it. It makes for a much more pleasant experience overall. I had the buffet breakfast and again, very delicious and was really pleased with the amount of variety available. (I LOVE breakfast food, they had every imaginable type, I especially liked the berry compote they had available for your outmeal) I ate a lot :)
When I went to the pub I noticed the sidewalks were very clean and maintained, and the little balcony looking over the golf course at the pub had a great view of the skating rink they have made. I wish I had more time to go skating!
I explored the hotel a bit and it was very clean throughout, and of course very beautiful.
Overall I enjoyed my experience here and loved it. I guess it depends on the funds available, if I were staying for a romantic weekend I think its worth the extra cash, for a trip to Banff to go skiing or exploring, I would perhaps stay somewhere more budget friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Banff National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the world famous Fairmont Banff Springs resort stands as a landmark in the picturesque alpine town of Banff. This year round luxury resort is styled after a Scottish baronial castle and offers guests spectacular mountain and valley views, a championship golf course during the summer, unparalleled skiing in the winter, and an award-winning European-style spa, the Willow Steam Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, getaroom.com, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline and Venere so you can book your The Fairmont Banff Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel Banff
- Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel
- The Fairmont Banff Springs Banff
- Fairmont Banff Hotel
- Fairmont Hotel Banff
- Banff Fairmont