We booked a mountain view deluxe room on the gold floor for 11 days covering Christmas and New Year. We were given a room with a fantastic view of the Bow Valley, and throughout the holiday from sunrise to sunset the view was ever changing and breathtaking. The rooms are very clean and the beds are big and comfortable. Other reviewers have commented on the small size of the bathroom, and this is true, but the layout is efficient and the shower is excellent so as long as you go expecting a small bathroom it shouldn't be an issue. Our only concern about the room is that the doors to the corridors are not soundproofed, so you can hear any noise made by staff or other guests as the go past your room, but this was easily resolved with a pair of earplugs.
The lounge on the gold floor is a major benefit, with an excellent breakfast buffet with a good range of fresh fruit, pastries, and a few hot options, and a lovely place to relax during the day or evening with a well-stocked honour bar.
We were staying primarily for relaxation and a ski holiday, and the ski concierge service is very good. Although the bus service is good we probably underestimated just how long it takes to get to the ski areas. When we didn't ski, the walking options from the door through the woods, or in to town, and the Willow Spa were excellent alternatives.
Finally but perhaps most imortantly, the main reason we gave Banff Springs a 5 star rating is because of the very high calibre staff on Gold Floor. They were all, without exception, welcoming, personable, knowledgeable and helpful. As examples, we lost a ski pole on one of the ski buses and mentioned this to Claire on recepton, who secured and delivered us a rental one within the hour in order that our lesson early the next morning was able to go ahead, and Michael gave us excellent recommendations for dining.
Our holiday was everything we hoped it would be, and we will seek to return during a summer season.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel Banff
- The Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel
- Banff Springs Hotel
- Fairmont Banff Springs
- Fairmont Banff
- Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel
- The Fairmont Banff Springs Banff
- Fairmont Banff Hotel
- Fairmont Hotel Banff
- Banff Fairmont
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Banff National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the world famous Fairmont Banff Springs resort stands as a landmark in the picturesque alpine town of Banff. This year round luxury resort is styled after a Scottish baronial castle and offers guests spectacular mountain and valley views, a championship golf course during the summer, unparalleled skiing in the winter, and an award-winning European-style spa, the Willow Steam Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Fairmont Hotels, Booking.com, Venere, HotelsClick and Orbitz so you can book your The Fairmont Banff Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.