We had a wonderful time at this lovely hotel. Staff great amenities great location great. We stayed on the gold level. Tis allowed us use of the lounge. The snacks were nice,modest. The breakfast was pleasant light. However at night you had to pay for your wine beer etc. now we paid $800 per night for our rooms we had 3 so this was not cheap. However having to pay for a wine to the tune of $11 per glass is a bit rich.
The rooms were nice but let me tell you about the tiny bathrooms. I am 6'2" and 210 lbs with size 12feet couldn't close the door very easily. You had to close the door in order to get in front of the sink. No counter space 1 sink and a shower. Extremely efficient design read small.
The staff was pleasant and helpful. They were mainly Australians and New Zealanders.
Took the bus to ski sunshine, a 4 mile backup to the hill got there there was 1000s of people stayed on the bus and skipped it. Do not go over the Xmas holidays if you can swing it. Way too many people.
Went curling locally a blast, then Canadian bowling also a must do. The town has many shops and restaurants bars pubs everything. Lots of fun wonderful people these Canadians WONDERFUL polite great
Being there are not too many other places to chose from don't have good suggestions. Do not pay extra for the gold level for it is not worth it by a long shot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Banff National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the world famous Fairmont Banff Springs resort stands as a landmark in the picturesque alpine town of Banff. This year round luxury resort is styled after a Scottish baronial castle and offers guests spectacular mountain and valley views, a championship golf course during the summer, unparalleled skiing in the winter, and an award-winning European-style spa, the Willow Steam Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Fairmont Banff Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel Banff
- Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel
- The Fairmont Banff Springs Banff
- Fairmont Banff Hotel
- Fairmont Hotel Banff
- Banff Fairmont