I stayed at this hotel for a conference and it was a once in a lifetime opportunity. Getting to stay in the castle of the rockies, filled with such history and where royalty and celebrities alike flock to, was amazing!
We were given a room with two double beds. The room was small and dated. There were stains on the carpet (out of the 80s colour) and the bathroom was a bit rough looking. However, the beds were comfortable and linen clean.
Customer service was top notch and what I expected for a Fairmont property!!
The hotel is an absolute maze and I reccomend taking a couple hours just to explore. There are literally dozens of shops, restaurants and things to see/do.
The highlight of the experience for me was the spa experience. WOW!!! If you have a chance to visit the spa, do it!! It is pricey, but well worth it.
Parking is a bit steep ($25/night) and I would encourage you to sign up for the Fairmount 'presidents club' to get free wifi access (otherwise its $15).
If I had been paying out of pocket, would I have stayed there.... probably not. The rooms need to be updated to justify the high prices, however, if you are looking to experience a part of history (and have the coin) go for it!!
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel Banff
- The Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel
- Banff Springs Hotel
- Fairmont Banff Springs
- Fairmont Banff
- Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel
- The Fairmont Banff Springs Banff
- Fairmont Banff Hotel
- Fairmont Hotel Banff
- Banff Fairmont
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Banff National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the world famous Fairmont Banff Springs resort stands as a landmark in the picturesque alpine town of Banff. This year round luxury resort is styled after a Scottish baronial castle and offers guests spectacular mountain and valley views, a championship golf course during the summer, unparalleled skiing in the winter, and an award-winning European-style spa, the Willow Steam Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Fairmont Hotels, Booking.com, Venere, HotelsClick and Orbitz so you can book your The Fairmont Banff Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.