This hotel is gorgeous. We stayed for a conference in early November. The staff were wonderful and accommodating from the moment we pulled up. Check in was simple and relatively quick. Finding the room was a challenge due to the labyrinth hallway and elevator system that takes some getting used to. The room was located in the Stanley Thompson Wing, which from speaking to other members of the conference is the one to avoid. It was smaller in size but not cramped. Despite the fact that it was snowing outside our room was uncomfortably hot. Even with the thermostat turned off and window open, I got no sleep the first night. The staff, to their credit, were wonderful the next morning. They informed us that our wing had no air conditioning but that the others did. They offered to switch our room, but being close to friends we declined. They sent up a fan right away and that did help when placed on the window sill to draw in cool air. Our conference was well attended to until a portion of the ceiling collapsed on a colleague! Obviously this was unforeseen, and the staff did their best to accommodate us after they closed off the section of the hotel in question but with limited banquet halls could not find a wheelchair accessible one as we needed.
Despite the issues with the facility, the quality of the food and service is top notch. Overall an enjoyable stay.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel
- The Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel Banff
- Banff Springs Hotel
- Fairmont Banff Springs
- Fairmont Banff
- Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel
- The Fairmont Banff Springs Banff
- Fairmont Banff Hotel
- Fairmont Hotel Banff
- Banff Fairmont
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Banff National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the world famous Fairmont Banff Springs resort stands as a landmark in the picturesque alpine town of Banff. This year round luxury resort is styled after a Scottish baronial castle and offers guests spectacular mountain and valley views, a championship golf course during the summer, unparalleled skiing in the winter, and an award-winning European-style spa, the Willow Steam Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Olotels and Tingo so you can book your The Fairmont Banff Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.