“What a great little Gem!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Delta Banff Royal Canadian Lodge

Save Saved
You added Delta Banff Royal Canadian Lodge to your Saves list
Delta Banff Royal Canadian Lodge
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   459 Banff Ave, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1B4, Canada   |
Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Banff
Toronto
“What a great little Gem!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I stayed at the Delta Banff Royal Canadian Lodge for one night. What a great little hotel. It was well appointed, the staff was attentive, the rooms (at least mine) was spacious. Not what I’d classify as a four star hotel, but certainly a high 3 star. The hotel is a little older, but very well maintained.
I didn’t try out the restaurant or lounge, but the pool and hot tub area was fantastic. Little confusion on the spa hours; the pool sign, the spa sign, and the guest directory all had different hours.
A brief walk into downtown Banff (and by brief I mean 3 minutes). I would definitely stay at this hotel again without hesitation.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed only one night 05/October 2013. Front desk excellent service.
Very clean and very nice room, also the beds were very comfortable. Beat The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise were I also stayed in our trip the following night.
The breakfast was good and the service was very good approx..$34.00 for two, the only sad thing was we got charge $2.00 for opening a small jam strawberry package from the table that was worth $0.20 when we had breakfast

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Highworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed at the Delta for one night during late September. The hotel was clean and modern with a restaurant, nice bar and a swimming pool/spa on site. We stayed in a premium room which exceeded our expectations. The room was spacious, clean and very well appointed. The hotel staff were all very friendly and helpful. The hotel is about a 15 minute walk away from the centre of Banff, with its many dining options, bars, gift shops, etc. Would definitely recommend and stay there again should we visit Banff in the future.

Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We searched for a weekend getaway online for several days and decided on the Royal Canadian Lodge. The service was outstanding and Tom went way out of his way to help us several times with specific activities that we wanted to experience. The staff was extremely friendly, very helpful, and polite. The room was larger than we thought by the pictures. The bathroom was very clean and also larger than expected. We have traveled four hours on the scenic backroads and picked up some bugs on the windshield. I thought the next morning I would clean them off when I got gas, but the staff had already cleaned the windows when we were sleeping. I have never even heard of a hotel service like that, amazing. The beds were comfortable and atmosphere was great. We were about two large blocks from the beginning of the shops, so it is very convenient to downtown but just far enough away to have less ped or car traffic. We were planning on renting bikes at a local bike shop, but Tom told us that the cruiser bikes were complimentary, so we took him up and had a great time on them. We did not eat in the restaurant at the hotel because there were too many fabulous places in town. We enjoyed the pool and spa. The pool was the perfect temperature but the spa was a little too hot for my wife and I, but the rock architecture added to the mountain experience. Nice touch but simple. Overall experience was beyond expectations.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor which was convenient, elevator works well but we don't like to wait...
Crowborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed at the Delta Royal Canadian in Banff for 2 nights in September in a premier room. The room was clean, large, comfortable but somewhat dated. View from the room was of next doors back yard! Also the room had two large beds which was not to our liking and not what we requested.

The hotel is in a very good location for walking into town.

We had one very good meal in the restaurant.

Room Tip: Rooms with a good view might be hard to come by
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

My husband and I chose Delta Banff Royal after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor. We were delighted with the entire experience. The staff was extremely courteous, friendly and helpful. The room was clean, well appointed with a gas fireplace. Although we spent very little time in the hotel during the day because we were out enjoying the sights in Banff and Lake Louise, we were always happy to return to the hotel were we would head for the bar and enjoy drinks and good food. Becky the bartender and Tom the concierge were especially helpful, friendly and welcoming.

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

My husband and I have been going to Banff for week-end get aways for the last 10-12 years, and with the exception of two times, have stayed at the Delta Banff Royal Canadian Lodge for every trip. The location of the hotel is ideal for strolling downtown for shopping or enjoying the numerous pubs and restaurants that Banff has to offer. The Evergreen restaurant, located in the hotel has, on every occasion that we have eaten there, provided us with an exceptional dining experience complete with five star service. I make an appointment at the Grotto spa, well in advance of my check in date to ensure that I can get an appointment and have never been disappointed with thier services. Our rooms are always ready upon check in and are very clean, and in general, the hotel is well maintained and the staff always friendly and courteous. My only unfavourable comment, (and it is not that bad at all) is that for years, the Delta has used "June Jacobs" products in thier rooms, and I found that the lip balm, which is fabulous and necessary in winter months, is no longer offered. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is travelling to Banff, regardless of the price point. There are definately more affordable hotels in Banff and I have stayed in a couple of them but once you stay at this Delta, you always want to come back. I know I am looking forward to my November trip this year.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Delta Banff Royal Canadian Lodge? Share your experiences!