We booked on recommendation of a guidebook stating that it has the best value and rooms on the Banff ave hotel strip. Although I can't comment about other hotels in the downtown area, we sure had a pleasant 2 day stay.
The place is located on the main street Banff ave and is easy to locate. It is about a 10 min walk to downtown where the stores and restaurants are. It has underground parking which you access with your key card. The card reader entrance area was a bit narrow and I did hit the curb slightly each time I went through. There were ample parking space.
The rooms were clean and comfortable with a large bathroom, but this is to be expected.
What really made me enjoy the stay was the service and the thoughtful extra touches.
1. Excellent service from front desk.
2. Welcome gift inside my room.
3. Giving us extra wireless internet passcodes as we had brought multiple devices.
4. Bikes available for anyone to use.
5. Garbage and recycling in the underground parking lot. Seriously, after a day of sightseeing and hikes and driving, having a quick way to dispose of our garbage and empty water bottles right in the parking lot was awesome!
6. Lastly, my favourite... cleaning of your windshield each night. This got rid of the dirt and bug juice one accumulates and allowed me to enjoy the scenery the next day! Thank you!
I also recommend booking the special packages. We visited in July with the room rates starting around $250. I booked the special Gondola package which gave us 2 tickets to the Banff gondola (which would've been around $30 per ticket, and is a must see for Banff visitors) and also included parking at the hotel. The rates for me were $293 and $244 for the 2 nights.
If I were to stay in town on Banff ave again, this would definitely be the place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This fine Banff resort welcomes you to experience a restful stay amid the grand surroundings of the Canadian Rocky Mountains. This intimate boutique Banff hotel offers 99 guestrooms and suites that are spacious and thoughtfully appointed. Guests of the Delta Banff Royal Canadian Lodge can enjoy fine dining in the Evergreen Restaurant one of Banffs best kept secrets, or a visit to the Grotto Spa. Relax, unwind, and rejuvenate with the soothing sounds of water flowing peacefully over the rundle rock waterfall in the hot mineral pool and luxurious whirlpool. Also a great place for a meeting in Banff! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Booking.com, Venere, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Delta Banff Royal Canadian Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Delta Banff Royal Canadian Hotel Banff
- Banff Delta