Nothing worthwhile is cheap in Banff. That's not to say that you can't find satisfactory lodging and food that is inexpensive. When we discovered how cramped our standard queen room was (our stay was eight nights), the staff at Delta helped us upgrade by figuring the best rate package that would minimize additional cost. It made a big difference in the quality of our stay as we were there when so many roads, trails and attractions were closed due to record flooding. The staff was extremely friendly and down to earth - whether the restaurant, front desk, concierge or housekeeping. Best we've experienced. The front desk was always checking up on us during the emergency weather situation. The Evergreen restaurant (casual fine dining) was nice to have on premise for breakfast and dinner when too tired to venture our or in a hurry. The decor throughout is four star - but relaxed. Standard one-bed queen rooms are very cramped (at least the one we originally had) so be aware. Our two queen bed room seemed more than double the size with more room to stretch out and two sinks in separated bathrooms to expedite washing up, bathing, etc. A real plus is the underground parking - a welcome convenience that cannot be emphasized enough. Yes, you do pay for this luxury.
Location is in short walking distance of several good restaurants - but several blocks from downtown. The latter is no problem on a nice day. Everyone is there for the outdoors and to hike, walk, etc. It's a very casual town that does appear swarming with "the beautiful crowd," but that does not mean it's an inexpensive place to visit.
- Also Known As:
- Delta Banff Royal Canadian Hotel Banff
- Delta Banff Royal Canadian Hotel
- Delta Banff
- Banff Delta
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This fine Banff resort welcomes you to experience a restful stay amid the grand surroundings of the Canadian Rocky Mountains. This intimate boutique Banff hotel offers 99 guestrooms and suites that are spacious and thoughtfully appointed. Guests of the Delta Banff Royal Canadian Lodge can enjoy fine dining in the Evergreen Restaurant one of Banffs best kept secrets, or a visit to the Grotto Spa. Relax, unwind, and rejuvenate with the soothing sounds of water flowing peacefully over the rundle rock waterfall in the hot mineral pool and luxurious whirlpool. Also a great place for a meeting in Banff! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, Otel, HotelsClick, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Delta Banff Royal Canadian Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.