“Sad that we had to leave early” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Delta Banff Royal Canadian Lodge

Save Saved
You added Delta Banff Royal Canadian Lodge to your Saves list
Delta Banff Royal Canadian Lodge
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   459 Banff Ave, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1B4, Canada   |
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Banff
Chicago Suburbs, Illinois
“Sad that we had to leave early”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was one of the nicest hotels we have ever stayed at. It was elegant but not pretentious, the staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful, and the rooms were immaculate, quiet and comfortable. We had breakfast in the restaurant and found plenty of choices on the menu and the food was very good. Our only disappointment was the fact that we had to cut our visit short due to the transportation issues caused by the flood and were not able to have dinner in the restaurant on our final night as planned.

On the downside, the price seemed high, although we did not do much comparing with other Banff hotels. We also felt that while the on-site parking garage was very convenient, it should have been complimentary. Here again, though, I don't know how that compares with other properties.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
BanffManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Banff Royal Canadian Lodge, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you for the five star review! We are thrilled to hear that you received the quality stay that our guests deserve while on holiday. We appreciate your positive feedback regarding our helpful staff, the quality of your room and The Evergreen Restaurant. We hope to have you back to our hotel in the future!

Kind Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Delta hotels are a franchise as I understand it, and the Banff Delta is operated by the Charlton family, they are, together with their staff, to be congratulated on the friendly efficient way the hotel is run. The hotel ambience is not stuffy but relaxed. The welcome is genuine and warm, Jeremiah, Luke , Wes, and Jackson to name but a few.The reception area and dining room have been refurbished recently. We stayed for a week, our room was very comfortable, the king size bed was excellent and the armchairs around the fireplace to relax and read. The bathroom was spacious, divided into two areas. We had coffee and tea making facilities, refrigerator, flat screen TV and a safe large enough to house laptops etc. Other facilities included a swimming pool and underground car park. The hotel is well located just a few minutes from town. We look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
BanffManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Banff Royal Canadian Lodge, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for the excellent review! I am so happy to hear that you received the quality stay that you deserve while travelling. We appreciate your compliments regarding our friendly and efficient staff, as well as your comfortable and spacious room. I have shared your feedback with our Department Managers to ensure that the staff mentioned above receive proper recognition. We look forward to your next visit to our hotel.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Banff is a wonderful, beautiful village & blessed with some of the most magnificent vistas in the world- unfortunately the lodgings can't compare. Whilst the Royal Canadian appeared from the outside to be one of the more upmarket hotels, inside the hotel was tired & worn. The staff were helpful, the rooms very clean, the bed comfie & room spacious. However it smelt old & was very dark which gave it a depressed feel. It's an easy 10 minute walk from down town & all the action.
Banff is quite expensive & this hotel was the same without the great value you'd find elsewhere in BC.

• Stayed June 2013
Combermere, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

After many long hours of driving, it was time to call it a night. Not knowing whether Delta Hotels had a property in Banff, Alberta, I called the Delta Privilege reservation line and was quickly connected to the front desk of the Delta Banff Royal Canadian Lodge.
The young lady who answered the phone, Emily, quickly found me a rate I could live with (including free parking), then spent the next ten minutes on the phone with me giving me turn-by-turn directions from the main highway to the hotel front entrance. Much better than any GPS service. In an effort to help me find the property along a somewhat hotel-crowded thoroughfare, she also dispatched Jeremiah, the concierge, to the street to greet me.
Once inside the fabulous post and beam lobby, Emily quickly checked me in. Upon my saying I would love a hot chocolate, Emily arranged with Jeremiah to whip one up and within less than a minute I was standing at the front desk enjoying a hot chocolate and conversation with two of the friendliest staff I've ever encountered at a hotel.
I was upgraded to a large room with a fireplace in front of which I spent half an hour relaxing, and warming. Could have used another hot chocolate but didn't push my luck on that one.
The underground parking space was very clean and I felt no worries leaving my car there for the night.
In the morning, check-out was swift and friendly.
To my surprise, sometime in the night, staff in Guest Services had cleaned my windshield. I noticed a sign on exiting the parking garage that said "Good Morning. To help you enjoy our scenery, Guest Services has cleaned your windshield. Have a pleasant day! WOW! First time that has ever happened when I've been at a hotel.
I highly recommend all Delta properties but this one in particular has earned five big gold stars from me.

Room Tip: Room #216 with the fireplace was fabulous! Comfortable bed, large clean bathroom, and lots of warmth...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
BanffManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Banff Royal Canadian Lodge, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you so much for the fantastic five star review! We are thrilled to hear that you received the quality stay that you deserve while travelling and that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful! We appreciate you mentioning our Front Office employees and the services that we offer to each and every guest. We hope to have you back to our hotel in the near future!

Winnipeg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We were celebrating our 35th Wedding Anniversary and wanted a nice place to stay for a reasonable price. I did a great deal or research and chose this facility because of the ratings and price. I reserved a suite.

To start, everything nice in Banff is expensive, especially on a May long weekend. Our experience here was excellent. We were greeted as soon as we arrived. The Check-in experience was great, the concierge service was included in the cost of parking and did not change whether you parked your car or they did. That is a plus compared with the surcharge you often pay. Other services related to the concierge were excellent. Our room was outstanding, clean, updated and the bed was very comfortable. It is close to the downtown and we were able to walk easily to wherever we wanted to go. They have a nice restaurant on site, but we did not eat there, so I cannot comment on the food. This was a perfect choice for this special weekend. We did not use the pool or exercise equipment, but both facilities looked excellent especially the exercise equipment (I am into that lately).

I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
BanffManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Banff Royal Canadian Lodge, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review!! I am so happy to hear that you experienced an excellent stay and a memorable 35th Wedding Anniversary with us! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our staff and the services they provided. On behalf of the Delta Banff team, we hope to have you back to our hotel in the near future!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights as part of a West of Canada tour with a group of 26 from the UK and didn't hear a single complaint about the hotel from any of the group. Check in was smooth and swift, the room was spacious, the bed was good and the aircon worked. We had breakfast here once which was good (although the 2 staff serving were overstretched) but expensive so we had breakfast in the town on the other days - there is plenty of choice there and it's less than a 10 minute walk into the town centre.

We had dinner at the hotel twice, once with the group with a limited menu and once a la carte, the food and service for both meals was excellent even though the restaurant was very busy on both evenings.

All in all a nice hotel and were I to visit Banff again I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great review! I am so happy to hear that your tour group enjoyed their stayed with us and we appreciate your feedback regarding our restaurant. I have shared your comments with our staff and we hope to have the opportunity of having you back to our hotel in the future!

Groningen, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

we are traveling 14 days by car through Canada and we have made the hotel reservations before we left from Holland. We were 3 people to share in one room. For all the hotels it works well on the reservation but for Banff on check-in: there is only a reservation for 2 people but it has not been made by us but through a brooker. (not known to us). So we add dollar 25 for an additional person to it.

Next morning on check out: do you think I make for 11 hotels a reservation for 3 people and for Banff for 2. The front desk manager was so polite to take the 25$ off. Good service.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
BanffManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Banff Royal Canadian Lodge, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for the TripAdvisor review and for sharing your experience with your reservation booking. I apologize for the inconvenience and I am happy to hear that our Front Office Manager was able to correct this situation for you. We hope to have you back to our hotel in the future!

Kind Regards

Been to Delta Banff Royal Canadian Lodge? Share your experiences!