We stayed here one night on route from Drumheller heading home through BC. We didn't have a chance to really research where to stay, but we checked via smartphone all the chain hotels and thought this Delta would be a nice choice due to how its quoted online price compared with other chain hotels in the area. We were happy when our walk in price was actually lower... and, given that it was Banff, was happy it was within our budget.
We were met with very polite and helpful staff at the front desk. Our room was on the first floor and we were 'upgraded' to one with a fireplace. The room was nice - a decent size and clean. The bathroom was well equipped. Our view wasn't great - looked out onto the road, but we weren't in the room long enough to really care.
One of the first things we wanted to do was head down to the mineral pool/hot tub area. Although small, it was very nice. For me, the pool area appeared that it was meant to be part of the spa. It was nice, but small and on the darker side. It had a rock 'waterfall' on one side which was a nice feature. We were by ourselves there which was great...I'd hate to see that area filled with families as there just isn't the room. And if I was wanting a spa treatment, how would that be if the pool was filled with a bunch of people? Just not sure how that area would be a busy season.
We didn't eat at the hotel...we quickly looked at the menus and found they were pretty pricey. So we went next door to Chilli's for dinner, and then down the road the following morning for breakfast.
The hotel is a 5 minute walk down the road to the town area. Easy walk with lots to see along the way. On the way back from our evening walk, we ran into a large deer walking down the sidewalk towards town. (we get deer all the time at home so it wasn't unusual for us to see deer, but to have it walk down the sidewalk towards us..it was still a treat!)
I would recommend the Delta to stay in Banff and would likely stay again if/when we are in Banff (but would check on prices as I get the sense there is a lot of variability).
- Also Known As:
- Delta Banff Royal Canadian Hotel Banff
- Delta Banff Royal Canadian Hotel
- Delta Banff
- Banff Delta
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This fine Banff resort welcomes you to experience a restful stay amid the grand surroundings of the Canadian Rocky Mountains. This intimate boutique Banff hotel offers 99 guestrooms and suites that are spacious and thoughtfully appointed. Guests of the Delta Banff Royal Canadian Lodge can enjoy fine dining in the Evergreen Restaurant one of Banffs best kept secrets, or a visit to the Grotto Spa. Relax, unwind, and rejuvenate with the soothing sounds of water flowing peacefully over the rundle rock waterfall in the hot mineral pool and luxurious whirlpool. Also a great place for a meeting in Banff! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, Otel, HotelsClick, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Delta Banff Royal Canadian Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.