“Best hotel stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Delta Banff Royal Canadian Lodge

Save Saved
You added Delta Banff Royal Canadian Lodge to your Saves list
Delta Banff Royal Canadian Lodge
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   459 Banff Ave, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1B4, Canada   |
Ranked #3 of 33 hotels in Banff
Perth, Australia
“Best hotel stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

From the moment we arrived until our departure 6 days later we were looked after by all the very friendly staff
The fire in the lobby was our fav spot enjoying a few late night ports
Rooms were spacious and kept well by cleaning staff
We enjoyed several meals in the evergreen resturant food was very good and staff attentive
The front desk staff always had a welcome for you on your return from sightseeing and were keen to know what and where you had been
The concierge was excellent especially Aaron full of knowledge of the area and keen to help you plan your day
Would stay again without a doubt

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
BanffManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Banff Royal Canadian Lodge, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review and for recognizing one of our Concierge employees! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that all of our staff helped to make it a comforting and memorable stay. We look forward to your next visit!

630 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

As with all delta hotels the service is great, however it would have been nice if we were told at booking that the hotel is undergoing renovations as the loud construction noise is intrusive at 8am. While we understand that the workers need to perform their work, it would have been nice to be pre-warned. The jackhammer noise is loud and resonates through the hotel but is intermittent.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for providing this review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the services we offer at our hotel. I apologize for the inconvience of the renovations taking place during your stay with us. We do our best to inform each guest of the renovations upon booking and it is disappointing to hear that this was not your experience. We hope to have the privilege of having you back to our hotel.

Bowmanville, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Delta Banff from December 4 to 8. Upon arrival, we were told that our room would be upgraded to one with a fireplace. It was a lovely room. The staff here are extremely helpful and go out of their way to accommodate any request. In particular, Joni and her front of house staff looked after us well. We ate breakfast each morning and dinner one evening at the Evergreen Restaurant in the hotel. Food was delicious and served by a friendly and knowledgeable staff. We would definitely recommend this hotel and the restaurant to anyone. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the great review and recommendation! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and received excellent service from our staff. I have shared your comments with our Executive Chef and our Front Office Manager. We hope to have you back to our hotel in the future!

Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Just had to write and share what outstanding service I received at the Delta Banff on my recent visit to this property. From the moment I arrived at the door, and front desk (ridiculously early to expect a room...!) I was treated like a VIP. From Carla at the Front Desk to Aaron at the Door who convinced me that Sunshine was the place to ski that day (vs Lake Louise) I could do no wrong. And, what a ski day it was! Nothing but powder and fresh tracks all day there.

Upon late day return, I soaked in the hot tub and freshened up for some evening business in town. On the way out, I asked Luke for a recommendation on a restaurant in town, and he strongly recommended The Bison....I had suggested I wanted a 'special' steak house, and he was bang-on. My first experience with bison....a rib-eye to be exact, will not be my last.....what a restaurant, That place is worth the trip to Banff alone. Another review? Maybe.

Back to the Delta. It is not over-the-top fancy, it is simple and efficient and the rooms are perfect, they have everything you need. Plus, more importantly, I feel it is priced (sub-$200/night) fairly.

This was my second time staying here an I will go back again next year. .

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the great review! It is wonderful to hear that you are a returning guest to our hotel and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciat the kind words about the level of service you received and for recognizing a few of our Front Office employees. I have shared your comments with our Front Office Manager to ensure they receive proper recognition. We look forward to your next visit with us!

Kinds Regards
St. Albert, Alberta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

On a recent Thanksgiving weekend trip to Banff, I stayed at this hotel because I wanted something that was within walking distance to the main shops and restaurants. Parking in Banff can be nightmare, so it was lovely to be able to stroll along the main street with the mountains in the background. Banff is absolutely beautiful, but can get very crowded, especially on holiday weekends. My room was on the main floor at the back of the hotel, and was quiet and well-appointed. There was a fireplace, table and seating suitable fo one person - for two it would have been awkward. The bathroom was very large and nicely decorated, lots of fluffy towels and well lit (one of my pet peeves about hotel bathrooms!). My main issues are with the cost of the meals in the hotel restaurant and through room service, and all the add-on charges that these days seem silly (cost of using the room land-line, room service charges, etc.) The valet parking was $12.00 per day, but I was glad to have it since the underground garage was tricky to get in and out of. This is a good hotel, just be prepared that you will add a number of charges on top of the room rate when you reserve.

Room Tip: If you have a room facing the main street, it could be noisy because this is the main street into/ou...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

A bit of a curate's egg of a hotel, with some excellent points and some pretty poor ones. We were there during renovations in October 2012, but the building work did not affect us too much (though like others have complained, there was no advance warning). Our room was nice: well decorated, comfortable, with a good bathroom and amenities. It felt quite luxurious but was small, and did have a terrible view over some down-at-heel housing next door with junk-strewn garden. Not the hotel's fault I guess. Nice touches included iced water in the lobby and morning newspapers, and wifi was free with a voucher from reception. Staff varied in both attitude and competence. We had a disastrous dinner in the fine dining restaurant Evergreen: not the food, but the service and organisation. The hotel manager admitted fault and made a deduction from our restaurant bill. The hotel is on a very busy main road, so having a window open was not possible. It is a healthy 10-minute walk into town, but as others have noted, that could be a good thing during really busy periods when the town would be a lot busier and noisier than during my visit. Overall a good hotel but not one to rave about or dream of returning.

Room Tip: Try not to overlook the run-down housing to the side or main road to the front.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We go to Banff early November, as it is quiet and peaceful then. I belong to the Delta loyalty program (free) and found their customer service amazing. We stayed in a Premier room with the fireplace with a king size bed. The room was spacious, with one sitting chair (an additional one would have been perfect) a desk and chair, a large screen flat tv and small fridge. Our view was of Cascade mountain which was amazing. The bathroom was very big with a large closet (containing a safe). The bathroom was separated: bath/shower and toilet in one room, sinks/make up area with coffee maker and tea kettle in another. Rooms were clean. Every night we had turn down service (loyalty benefit). The staff here are very friendly and helpful. Their customer service is amazing. Usually at night there is a fire going in the lobby fireplace with tea and fresh apples available. This hotel is about a 4 block walk from Main Street Banff, a nice walk in good weather. The restaurant is nice with good food although a bit pricey. There is underground parking ($12.00 daily) - they clean your windshield which is nice. I did not try the spa or pool, so cannot comment. We have stayed at most of the higher end hotels in Banff, but they do not make you feel Ike you are appreciated like the Delta does.

Room Tip: Join their loyalty program for free - there are good benefits if you do
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
BanffManagement, General Manager at Delta Banff Royal Canadian Lodge, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Guest;

Thank you for your positive review. I am delighted to learn of your experience while staying with us and that find our hotel to be comfortable with very helpful and friendly staff.
Your feedback has been shared and is appreciated. We hope you return soon!

kind Regards

Been to Delta Banff Royal Canadian Lodge? Share your experiences!