“Would of, could of should of” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Banff Park Lodge Resort and Conference Centre

Save Saved
You added Banff Park Lodge Resort and Conference Centre to your Saves list
Banff Park Lodge Resort and Conference Centre
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   222 Lynx Street, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1K5, Canada   |
Ranked #15 of 33 hotels in Banff
ft worth
“Would of, could of should of”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Just returned from Banff yesterday. I stayed at the BPL years ago and wanted to stay here again, but the negative reviews of the constant nickel and diming made me want to try something new. Didn't work out. I wasn't happy with thYe hotel we chose, ended checking out early and moved to the BPL. The BPL is nice, a resort, the rooms are large, clean, and is in a great location. No a/c wasn't an issue as it was very cool and rainy in Banff this week.
Yes it's true they do nickel and dime you for parking, internet but I found out the hard w
ay you get what you pay for and am very sorry I wasted my time and money at a hotel that wasn't up to my satisfaction.
Only down side was the inconsiderate Young man at the desk who seemed to take pleasure in telling me no rooms were ready and guarantee check in was at 4pm three times. I understand that was just looking to see approximately when I could return since I had checked out of my hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

574 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
manchester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This place is okay. Just okay. Great location. Clean, comfy, good staff. But it's nothing special. The pool is good but the gym is poor.
They charge for wifi which in this day and age is totally unacceptable. But I complained and they gave me some days for free. So do the same!
If you can't find anything else, this place isn't too bad.

Terre Haute,IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Was travelling with a tour group. Large hotel that is a convenient walk to center of town, rooms clean, comfortable and pleasant, we had buffet breakfast included and was good. Extra charge for internet and had to get a new password every day, little inconvenient. A good choice for shopping and restaurants in Banff.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

A great experience from arrival to check out. The room with a king sized bed was very comfortable. Our room was excellent size and accomadated our crib and stroller easily without impeding the use of the rooms furniture. The staff at the front desk was very polite and friendly. The concierge desk staff unloaded and loaded our luggage from the vehicle and brought it to and from our room. I will definitely be returning to this hotel again.

Room Tip: Room 354 i enjoyed.
Fostoria, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Large hotel caters to tour groups ...location ok walkable to town center...rooms large & clean had a balcony but no chairs which doesn't make sense....large steam sauna indoor pool & nice hot tub but screaming kids does not make for a relaxing time which I'm sure due to the size of the hotel many families stay here. Not so good was how chopped up it was if you were handicapped might be a problem...dirty hallways...breakfast expensive and horrible. Good restaurant across street called Melissa's...indoor and outdoor seating. Parking underground...were on motorcycles and complained that I didn't want to park down there...staff waived the fee...room pretty pricing then tack on the parking fee. Would I stay here again....NO!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Cleveland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The rooms were comfortable and clean. Staff very helpful. Excellent location.
Too many extra charges. Parking $10.00 per night, Wifi $10.00 per 24 hours, no continental breakfast. Then there was an extra national park charge on the room which we weren't aware of. I know this is regulated by the govt, but the other charges are not. Our bill was much more than expected. We stayed two nights in Canmore and all extras were free. The bill there was exactly as expected. I would shop around another time.

Room Tip: Ask for clear view of the mountains.
Calgary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here last night for a get away with two other couples. It was only $40 cheaper then some really nice hotels in banff but we liked the location so we thought we would give it a try. The lobby was nice check in was quick but it was an extra $10 to park. The rooms were dated but very clean. And it was a very short walk to all the shops and restaurants so that was good. But it was very pricey in comparison to others there is no air conditioning so it was hot at night. And the walls must be very thin because I could hear everything like it was in our room. I could here doors open and shut, people's alarm clocks, people talking, everything. So I didn't get a good night sleep at all. I won't stay here Agian as I have had much better experiences at other hotels in banff.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Banff Park Lodge Resort and Conference Centre? Share your experiences!