“Better options in Banff” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Banff Park Lodge Resort and Conference Centre

Save Saved
You added Banff Park Lodge Resort and Conference Centre to your Saves list
Banff Park Lodge Resort and Conference Centre
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   222 Lynx Street, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1K5, Canada   |
Ranked #11 of 33 hotels in Banff
Edmonton
“Better options in Banff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I have stayed in Banff many times over the years at various hotels. I rarely write a review because through my experience most of the hotels are over-priced basic three star (sometimes four star) accommodations with some amenities (pool etc) thrown in. I pick the hotel with the best deal and I have rarely been disappointed.

We stayed at this hotel for two nights (Sunday to Tuesday) in June. I had previously booked their sister hotel The Homestead Inn but found a deal for $60.00 more at this hotel. When I compared the two I thought I lucked out.

When we arrived I was told that parking was $10.00 a night. I was already paying $370.00 for two nights so I was not happy about having to pay to park underground in the summer. One of the ladies mentioned the lot next door but since we arrived in the early afternoon I was unable to find parking.

We walked into an above average sized room. It had two queen size beds a large dresser with plenty of drawers and a table with two sofa chairs. It also had TWO vanities a large closet, a large flat screen TV, fridge, coffee pot AND kettle. My boys enjoyed the pool and sauna while I unpacked. I was pleased until.....

Now there are a few things I require to fulfill my basic needs when staying in Banff as I am rarely in my room. Since few hotels in Banff have A/C this isn't one of them. Unfortunately, this hotel fell short on MY basic requirements.

We were given a room on the main floor at the back of the hotel with the view of a roof of a house. Not surprising since we got "a deal". However, you can't sit in the courtyard because they have no chairs! I looked up and noticed the balconies were empty as well. One of the things I enjoy when I am in my room is sitting on the patio/balcony in the morning sipping a coffee and doing the same at night with a glass of wine or tea. Not this time.

I have come to expect no A/C in the rooms. And although it can get very warm in the room in the summer, we compromise by having a fan and leaving the patio door open. Not this time. There was a notice on the patio door stating to keep it locked for safety reasons. The screen didn't even have a lock. Needless to say the (loud) fan was insufficient for a comfortable sleep.

I enjoy a LONG hot shower after a great day of hiking. Not this time. The shower head in the tub was shorter than me! (I am 5'6") I had to crank my head back or bend over to get my hair wet. Again, not a big thing but not very relaxing!

I rarely watch TV in my room except for first thing in the morning and right before sleep. The beautiful flat screen TV had 51 channels. 10 of the channels didn't work at all (blurry/fuzzy). Many of the other channels worked and then after a few minutes fizzed out.

For most I am sure this hotel would be sufficient. For me however, at $390 I was quite disappointed in this "4 star" hotel. I will never return.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a balcony. You won't have patio chairs but at least you can leave the patio...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

546 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

We stayed for two nights while on a tour of the Canadian Rockies. Our room was spacious, clean and very comfortable. Our room was also quiet. The hotel is situated a short walk to all the shops and restaurants. They have a restaurant where we had a great breakfast Buffet. In the evening my friends and I would go to the bar and have a glass of wine. The bar was quiet and comfortably appointed. Our bartender was alone but efficient and friendly. There are also shops for those that are interested in shopping. It is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Our family stayed here for two nights for vacation. The check-in and checkout was prompt and the staffs were very helpful and accommodating. The location is perfect – it’s just a walk away from the town’s attractions, shopping centers and restaurants. The room was clean and quiet. We also made use of the indoor pool, hot tub and steam bath that was really nice.

We also had a buffet breakfast at The Chinook Family Restaurant and the food was great. Then we had some cocktail drinks at Terrace Lounge one late evening.

The only negative thing in this hotel that I can think of is that they have an extra charge for the parking as well as the Wi-Fi (like seriously???).

Overall, it was an amazing experience and we did enjoy our trip.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Long Island, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights in June. The hotel is in a great location, within easy walking distance to most shopping and museums. The rooms were okay...clean but nothing fancy. The bathroom needs to be renovated. Staff was very nice and extremely helpful.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Worcester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

this hotel was very convenient for all the attractions of Banff being in the centre but with a short bus ride or car rise of the lift to the mountains and views. The staff were helpful and polite. We used the swimming pool which was clean and warm. The room we had was quiet and near the small laundry in the hotel.

Room Tip: there is a good restaurant over the road so we didnt use the hotel
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Well located hotel in the middle of town. Walking distance to all attractions, restaurants and shopping. Nice lobby, good breakfast, clean big rooms. Courteous hotel staffs. Flat screen TV and safe box. Have to pay wifi $5 for 24 hour use in the room.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Conveniently located to sight places and walking distance to main eatery around the block. Clean room. Underground parking and WIFI offered for a fee. Staff are cordial but can do more on customer service.

• Stayed June 2014

Been to Banff Park Lodge Resort and Conference Centre? Share your experiences!