“Pretty solid” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Banff Park Lodge Resort and Conference Centre

Save Saved
You added Banff Park Lodge Resort and Conference Centre to your Saves list
Banff Park Lodge Resort and Conference Centre
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   222 Lynx Street, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1K5, Canada   |
Ranked #14 of 33 hotels in Banff
Calgary, Canada
“Pretty solid”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by my recent stay here for one night in February. The pluses are great location and good quality hotel and service for the value. The biggest negative I had was the relatively poor service at the main restaurant there. We came in fairly late for dinner, sat down, and ten mins later after no service as we were twiddling our thumbs we just left. Their loss because we ended up having a great dinner at The Bison.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

570 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Here's my review for BPL

CHECK IN AND OUT: Fast and no hassle at all.

STAFF: Friendly especially the ones at the concierge

ROOM: Outdated but clean and spacious. We had 2 queen beds, flat tv, mini fridge,safe box and got a mountain view. We we're facing the wall before but we just asked for a different room and got accomodated. Bathroom is small though and shower head is low, but really clean.

AMENITIES: Swimming pool, hot tub, jacuzzi, steam room and a gym. All of them are clean, the gym is just a small corner with 3 threadmills, steam room is really steamy, :) (literally, lol) can't even stay longer than 3 min.

RESTAURANT: My favorite part! :) we went for the Friday seafood buffet and it was excellent. didn't find it cheap though. they said it was 2 for 1 but they charge $44 for one. You don't reallyay that much for a buffet. for me the deal is not really a deal. But the food was great.

LOCATION: Excellent location! Can't go wrong with it, downtown is just a minute away (walking) . Close to downton but you don't get the hassle and buzzle noise as it is not really on the busy area of downtown.

DOWN SIDE: Wifi and Parking are extras. $10 a day. :( would be nice if at least the parking is free. Parking is heated, that's probably why.

OVERALL: I would stay and Recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Wetaskiwin, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

stayed here twice, very quiet, clean spacious room, close to downtown. Amazing Sunday breakfast buffet (better to make a reservation) loved the ceasers they made at the lounge for us and would stay here again :)

Room Tip: best to book with the hotel for rooms, we booked onlint the second time and didn't get the king...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Grande Prairie
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Overall, decent stay for two nights . We stayed here last year and decided to try again. Staff polite, restaurant wirh good food and live piano. Rooms are OK, bedding could be upgraded , great pool/ sauna areas.
WIFI is very slow and inconvenient with daily passwords.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Booked through travelzoo. I bought the travelzoo vouvher to check out the hotel. Checking in was easy. They advised that parking was extra- 9.50 per day ( most hotels in the area do not charge) . Got to our room and they gave us a room with 2 queen beds. When I made the reservation a few weeks back I specifically asked for a king size bed, they confirmed they had that room and it was reserved for me so I called the front desk telling them they gave me the wrong room. They advised me that all the king size bed rooms were all booked and that;s all they had left for me. That was a big disapointment for me. Was this because I had a travelzoo voucher or is this how they always work??? If I book a room with a king size bed, have it confirmed - i expect a room with king size bed.

We stayed in the two queen room which was okay.I bit on the noisy side as we were at the corner of the entrance , Our view was a wall. Hmmm. I called for the wifi password and they told me there was an extra $10.00 charge per day for wifi ( okay another charge that other hotels in the area do not collect).

The reason I gave it 4 stars is because the location cannot be beat. I loved that. The restaurant in the hotel was awesome and the staff was friendly.

I think I would return but my concern would be getting the room I booked, not what's left over.

The travelzoo was an opportunity for the hotel to get me as a regular customer ( yes, i am a regular Banff visitor) ... instead they used it as a filler for their rooms. That's too bad,

Penticton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

We had a nice room here. It was spacious with a couch and a comfortable, King size bed,large flat screen TV. Our room had a balcony .The hotel is walking distance to town ,restaurants etc. Although we liked our room I think there are better options in Banff. The wifi is not free. The hotel does not have a free breakfast and parking costs $10 a night. They have a few free spots out back but if they are taken you have to park on the street which is time limited or pay the hotel to park in the underground parkade. Our room was very clean and the housekeeping came in everyday no matter what time we went out. The hotel is a block from the river and you can walk the Fenland train which is a worthwhile short 2km walk .We will most likely stay somewhere else next time that has free wifi.

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

From our check-in to check-out our experience was wonderful.
The hotel was very clean and all staff were happy to help. The location is less than a block from Banff Ave (the Main Street) with plenty of options for dining and sightseeing.
Our stay was in a deluxe jacuzzi room and it was totally worth every penny. The bed is super comfy, the jacuzzi is a great bonus, the shower has multiple heads and space for two and the room was a good size. I loved how their shampoo and conditioner were natural scents that were not overpowering.
The hotel has several busses that go to ski resorts in Sunshine, Lake Louise and Nakiska for a very reasonable cost of $15 per person return.
Hotel pool is fairly small and workout room has 4 pieces of equipment but the eucalyptus steam room is awesome. On the up side, there is no extra charge for use of the pool, workout room or steam room.
We only dined in the hotel for breakfast one day but there were many options for a la carte, plated and buffet style with something for everyone.
I would highly recommend this hotel as the cost is well worth the experience.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Banff Park Lodge Resort and Conference Centre? Share your experiences!