“Breakfast at BPL was awesome!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Banff Park Lodge Resort and Conference Centre

Save Saved
You added Banff Park Lodge Resort and Conference Centre to your Saves list
Banff Park Lodge Resort and Conference Centre
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   222 Lynx Street, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1K5, Canada   |
Ranked #13 of 33 Hotels in Banff
Calgary, Canada
“Breakfast at BPL was awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed at the BPL over the New Year holiday and we dined at the Breakfast Buffet and we absolutely loved it! The food was hot, fresh, tasty and the variety of choices was amazing! The buffet was quite busy and the Chef and cooks attended to the buffet very frequently and kept refreshing the food.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Banff Park Lodge Resort for a couple of nights in November 2013, whilst we were touring in the area. I would say that the hotel's prime feature is its excellent location, on a quiet street just a couple of minutes walk from the interesting end of Banff Avenue (assuming of course that you're keen to stay in a very centrally located hotel).

The hotel has a massive underground car park, which is very handy for thawing out your car in the winter. However, the entrance is only 6'1" (180cm), so if you turn up in something a bit oversized, you might struggle to get in. Our rental GMC Yukon XL wouldn't quite fit. The hotel also has about a dozen outdoor spaces (in the alley round the back of the hotel), but these fill up quickly.

The hotel is quite large, so I can imagine that it can get a bit hectic in the summer, but in November it was pretty quiet, so we had a lovely, relaxing stay. We booked a standard room, which was clean and spacious and pretty much exactly what you'd expect of this grade of hotel. There's also a nice swimming pool.

The breakfast buffet was very good. The main restaurant in the hotel is also one of the highest rated Banff restaurants on Trip Advisor (at the time of writing), although we didn't get the chance to try it ourselves.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay in the Banff Park Lodge Resort and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again (although we'll try to turn up in a slightly smaller rental car next time).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 7 nights over Christmas this year and had a great experience. On our arrival the reception and concierge were helpful and courteous and we were quickly in our room. Our room was large, warm, comfortable and had everything in it we required ie kettle, fridge, safe and hair dryer. The beds are very soft and a nice pillow choice. The only minus point to me was the bedding as I do not like using the top shiny bed covers as they are not changed with every new client...often wonder how many times they are changed and washed (not just this hotel). Therefore all that was left to use was the sheet which wasn't really adequate. However this would not detract me from staying here again.
We only had breakfast in the hotel twice as we wanted to be up, out and skiing and not sat around having a long breakfast. Both times we ate there was a good choice of food, nicely presented, hot and tasty. We ate in the restaurant once, as there are so many nice restaurants in Banff to try. Again the food was good and fairly reasonably priced.
We used the pool area most nights and the facilities are fine. What needs to change is the people who use it. Parents really need to take responsibility for their kids and not let them use it like a play area, shouting, screaming, running in and out of the steam room and not taking into consideration the other people using the facilities. Also lots of babies in the hottest pool area (which shouldn't really be allowed) and none of them were wearing swim nappies etc..even though it was clearly stipulated on the signs.
All the staff we dealt with were helpful and informative but the guys who stood out were the concierge staff..Robin, Luke, Aaron and the others who's names I have forgotten.
A few suggestions that would make the hotel even better - a heated boot room to dry ski boots as the heaters in the rooms are not really suitable. A pool table or a small games room have encouraged us and maybe more families to stay in the hotel (or come back earlier) on an evening as there is nothing really for kids to do.
Overall we had a lovely stay and will look forward to returning next time we go to Banff.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Stayed at the BPL from Dec23-Dec28,2013. It is a very convenient location to all the major restaurants, attracations, coffee shops. Walking distance to the banff springs, bow falls(15min), cave and basin (20minutes).
Has two restaurants. Ate only at the Terrace for Xmas. Excellent food. Internet is $10 per day. We only used it for the first day. After that did not use it. Found it very slow and has a limit of two devices that can be connected.
Carpets are old. Need to be replaced.
Can't beat this location though. We were on the 3rd floor (the highest floor) and had the view of the mountaints from the back of the room.
The phones in the room were on the table besides the tv. Phones should be next to one of the side tables.
We had booked this hotel with a package with Expedia. Will pick the place again to stay.
Would recommend it.
Thanks

Room Tip: If you want a view of the mountains, make sure you do ask for it. we stayed in room 343. we had a vi...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

As the title of my review suggests, I have to wonder how this hotel managed to stay in business all these years after my experience staying here. I stayed at this hotel for four nights because my work held an educational retreat in Banff. Let me tell you the customer service was deplorable, at best! There were numerous accounts where I personally witnessed my colleagues were given attitude by hotel staff for helping themselves to coffee and food during our orientation sessions that our organization paid for. Unfortunately, my experience was among the worst. I had personally ordered food to my hotel room and they mixed up the order. When I advised the staffer, named Matt, about the discrepancy, they gave me attitude and at that point, snatched my money out of my hand and cursed at me when I politely requested to have the food returned. I consider myself a very polite and respectful individual and I could not believe I received such treatment. I brought this item up to the hotel manager, Frank Denouden, and his approach was cavalier and inattentive. They made the verbal commitment to compensate me for the meal but never followed through and failed to keep their word. Anyways, my organization paid approximately 30 thousand dollars for this retreat and when I brought up this experience on my feedback form, coincidently, we never held another retreat at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel. Many other hotels in Banff will actually treat you with respect and act as i...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

We booked the hotel through AMA and got a great deal. The hotel was decorated for Christmas so looked very festive. The rooms were clean and service good. We ate breakfast in the Chinook Restaurant and had very good food - very filling!! We checked out on Xmas eve and there were home-made cookies on the front desk for everyone! Will certainly be back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

Stayed at BPL Dec. 21st. Bathroom was a disaster, dried urine was around the base of the toilet! I went downstairs to the front desk to complain. Luggage guy said they would get someone up to clean right away. Didn't happen. I phoned front desk, they got someone up to clean. Then, the shower drain didn't work. Huge question in my mind, exactly how well does housekeeping really do their work??? Phoned again to complain, then we were moved to a new room. Hardly given a discount for this problem and waste of our time moving to new room. We will never stay here again and will not recommend BPL to others.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to Banff Park Lodge Resort and Conference Centre? Share your experiences!