We are a couple who have been staying in the Banff Park Lodge at least once every ski season for the past 5+ years. We last visited in Jan 2013.
In common with many hotels in Banff, the rooms lag competitive modern standards of décor found outside of the national park (where the supply of hotel accommodation is effectively capped) especially the quite antiquated bathroom. However, they are spotlessly cleaned and maintained have seen a recent upgrade with new large flat LCD TVs updates to some room fixtures and furnishings. All of the modern comforts are available. Wifi is available but the reception for cellphone data plans (ours was with Telus) is good enough for regular browsing, mailing and file transfer.
The common parts of the hotel are spacious with pleasing décor and a pleasant open layout. The bar and lounge provide a very relaxing and luxurious area to unwind.
The staff are experienced, friendly and helpful. My partner needed to study during our stay and so a table and chair were added to our room.
It's location is perhaps the hotel's biggest asset. It's adjacent to a quieter central area of town near the river. Many rooms back on to a quieter areas adjacent to the river (although they are not directly riverside) and have spectacular views of the surrounding mountains from the balconies. There is ample indoor and outdoor reserved parking which is useful if you are driving an oversize vehicle.
Whilst the hotel is in a quieter area, it is only a couple of small blocks away from the centre of Banff with it's many bars restaurants and shops. It is directly opposite Melisa's restaurant which is one of the best value independent restaurants in Banff.
The hotel's smart Terrace restaurant is excellent as is the lobby bar. The breakfast buffet is good and the upstairs restaurant has nice views of the surrounding mountains to enjoy over your morning breakfast.
A couple of years ago, the hotel completely refurbished its modest sized swimming pool, hot tub and fitness/spa area to bring it in line with contemporary design. The lobby has a few shops with some interesting items such as gifts, maps and a good selection of books relating to the local area.
The ski packages are exceptional value. It would be very difficult for a 1-2 week visitor to find or build a better package deal with tri-area lift tickets and similar accommodation. The ski bus stops outside the lobby.
There are a few fancier and more expensive places in Banff. But if you are looking for high quality, excellent value and a great location, this is an excellent choice.
- Also Known As:
- Banff Park Lodge Resort And Conference Centre Hotel
- Banff Park Lodge Resort And Conference Centre Hotel Banff
- Banff Park Hotel
- Banff Park Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banff Park Lodge is the only 4 Star Canada Select full-service resort hotel and conference centre with 211 rooms right in downtown Banff, in the heart of historical Banff National Park. We offer 2 restaurants, lobby bar, indoor pool with Jacuzzi and steam room, exercise facilities, self-serve laundry facilities, indoor parking and we offer Wi-Fi throughout the hotel.Our 211 spacious guest rooms are tastefully decorated and include coffee makers, in-room safe, convenience refrigerator, cable television, clock radio, direct dial telephone and voice mail system, a table with two chairs, large dresser, ample closet space, hair dryer, iron & board, individual climate control and a private balcony or patio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Venere, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Banff Park Lodge Resort and Conference Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.