“Great site for a conference” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Banff Park Lodge Resort and Conference Centre

Save Saved
You added Banff Park Lodge Resort and Conference Centre to your Saves list
Banff Park Lodge Resort and Conference Centre
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   222 Lynx Street, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1K5, Canada   |
Ranked #11 of 33 hotels in Banff
Edmonton, Canada
“Great site for a conference”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I was attending a conference at the hotel. The conference had a problem with some speaker rooms but the hotel staff worked extremely hard to clear the problem before the delegates arrived. The delegates were providing the committee with constant comments about the great location, the superb service supplied by the staff and the great Christmas decorations.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

550 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

The first thing we noticed after checking in was that the jacuzzi tub had a few short curly hairs in it and a film covering the entire lining. The front desk staff were extremely apologetic and sent someone up immediately to clean it. Upon returning to our room later that evening our tub was sparkling clean and all was forgiven; until the next morning. When making coffee i find the coffee machine had also not been cleaned. After cleaning the old coffee out of my pot and filter I enter the shower only to discover that it too had been missed by our housekeeper, only having the door get a quick wipe down missing the actual shower inside. Recieving the room from a discount site for cheap we didn't bother complianing, plus i had already cleaned the coffee machine and washed the hair from the shower. Other then the poor housekeeping, the staff was friendly and informative. The loacation was great, we were walking distance from everything and the jacuzzi was the perfect end to a long cold day. In the end the cons evened out the pros making the hotel only OK and definitely not worth full price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Olds, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Just got home from an overnighter at the Banff Park Lodge! I cannot say enough about the staff that we encountered on our short stay. We were performing at a Christmas party and showed up with a 5 ton truck, which we were able to park right at the front entrance and had 2 very enthusiastic young men from the concierge desk eager to help us load our gear to the banquet room, located on the second floor! Above and beyond the call of duty, for sure!!
When checking in to our room, we had a lovely young girl from Glasgow, Scotland, (sorry I'm terrible at names!!), but she was fantastic, friendly and efficient!
From the load in to set up, to playing the party, to dinner and brunch, it was a great stay. Wish we could have stayed longer! :)
The room was fine. A little outdated, but who cares?? I was happy to have a getaway to Banff, and have a comfortable place to rest before driving back home!!
Well done! You should be proud of your great staff!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Reading
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

This is a real ski type chalet hotel place. I can image if you are a skier (I am not) this is a great venue. The location is fabulous, everything is in walking distance and the staff were great.

As is my theme the bed was great, the hotel was clean and the service was excellent.

Had a great pool (but i did not try it out) which lots of people seemed to enjoy.

Again another one to stay at if I make it to Banff again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

On the plus side, the hotel showcases incredible open beam architecture. the staff are pleasant, rooms are spacious, beds are comfortable, every meal was good. Everything is almost good enough to justify the high rates they charge but after such a good start, there are a lot of shortcomings. Tiny CRT TVs with the most basic of channel selections. A $10 daily surcharge for internet that nobody on our conference could believe. Parking charges. Minor items I mentioned to staff last year and in a review a year ago - but no action.

This year, for some reason, I was assigned a wheelchair accessible room (maybe because I drew attention to their shortcomings last year?). This would not have been a major inconvenience but the floor slopes didn't contain the shower water so you end up with water all over the bathroom.

I forgot a couple of items and when I was finally able to contact housekeeping they did agree to send them at my cost (the one other time this happened to me, that hotel was kind enough to send the items back as a courtesy - and I still go back THERE). They were to be shipped Fedex ground (about $12 - which was fine - I agreed to this) but then they were shipped Fedex overnight (about $40) and my card charged accordingly.

I attended the same conference at this hotel a year ago and management has done nothing to address the shortcomings. There are better quality guest experiences available for the price - or more economical choices where you can still enjoy the beauty of Banff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

It was 27yrs ago that we got married by a JP in the beautiful Banff Springs Hotel. After the ceremony and a dinner with our guests we retired to a Jaccuzi suite at the Banff Park Lodge for our wedding night. Fast forward to 2012, as a surprise for my wife on our 27yr Anniversary I decided to treat her to a night in Banff for a dinner and another night in a Jaccuzi suite in the Banff Park Lodge. Well to our surprise it was like going back in time.....little has changed and the hotel has aged. There have been little or no up dates to the decor or furniture. I was surprised that the TV was still a picture tube type TV, very few channels to choose from ( almost expected to get "The Beach Combers" on one of those few channels). The room itself was clean, except the carpet which needed a good shampooing or replacement. Now the hallways were another story, filthy. Food remnants and dirt everywhere. The staff were pleasant enough and the checkin was painless. Being located in a tourist hub probably does not help because they will probably always be busy and making money and meaningless reviews like this one will make no difference.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
BPLManager, Manager at Banff Park Lodge Resort and Conference Centre, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Banff Park Lodge for your very special occasion and happy 27th anniversary.

We appreciate you taking the time to post an honest review on Tripadvisor and as it is my responsibility to monitor these reviews I can honestly say that I am checking them on a daily basis and we take all feedback both good and constructive very seriously.

I was very sorry to hear that your experience was not as positive as it was 27 years ago especially under the special circumstances.

Just to clarify for all of the readers, the following updates have been done within the past 5 years;
•A 100% makeover of the 2 restaurants and the swimming pool area
•A 100% makeover of the bathroom in the Jacuzzi suites including granite counter tops and a multi-head walk in shower
•New fridges, beds, bedding, curtains and art work in all of the rooms

In addition to these changes, we are in the process of changing all of the chairs in our rooms this month with tables to follow shortly and I am happy to say that new 42” LCD TV’s have been ordered and we are in discussions with a cable provider for enhanced services.
In the New Year we will also be updating our lobby and public areas with all new furniture, new carpet etc.

Your comments regarding the hallways do concern me and I will be discussing them with our housekeeping and room service departments. There are certain times during the day when the hallways may appear messy especially during times of high volume however these should always be small windows while our cleaning teams are working their way through it.

As you obviously have a sentimental attachment to our hotel, we would love for you to return for future anniversary celebrations, so if you have any further questions or concerns, or would like to make a future booking, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Jim Milley
Operations Manager
Rooms Division
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We went with friends to Banff Park Lodge for a one night getaway on November 11, 2012. Because we checked in early, we went to the lounge to watch a quarter final football game. The bartender was great and the desk staff let us know when our room was ready. The hotel is quite large, but is in desperate need of an upgrade. The colors and furniture are quite outdated and tired looking for a hotel of this calibre. The bathroom/shower area was especially run down and there were water stains on the walls and mildew stains in the tile. We booked into the restaurant for a 5 course dinner with wine pairing. WOW!!! The food was spectacular and the chef came out to chat with us. I can't recommend the restaurant enough.

So, my final opinion? Hotel is great, restaurant is 5 star top notch, rooms are meh...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Banff Park Lodge Resort and Conference Centre? Share your experiences!