On the plus side, the hotel showcases incredible open beam architecture. the staff are pleasant, rooms are spacious, beds are comfortable, every meal was good. Everything is almost good enough to justify the high rates they charge but after such a good start, there are a lot of shortcomings. Tiny CRT TVs with the most basic of channel selections. A $10 daily surcharge for internet that nobody on our conference could believe. Parking charges. Minor items I mentioned to staff last year and in a review a year ago - but no action.
This year, for some reason, I was assigned a wheelchair accessible room (maybe because I drew attention to their shortcomings last year?). This would not have been a major inconvenience but the floor slopes didn't contain the shower water so you end up with water all over the bathroom.
I forgot a couple of items and when I was finally able to contact housekeeping they did agree to send them at my cost (the one other time this happened to me, that hotel was kind enough to send the items back as a courtesy - and I still go back THERE). They were to be shipped Fedex ground (about $12 - which was fine - I agreed to this) but then they were shipped Fedex overnight (about $40) and my card charged accordingly.
I attended the same conference at this hotel a year ago and management has done nothing to address the shortcomings. There are better quality guest experiences available for the price - or more economical choices where you can still enjoy the beauty of Banff.
- Also Known As:
- Banff Park Lodge Resort And Conference Centre Hotel Banff
- Banff Park Lodge Resort And Conference Centre Hotel
- Banff Park Hotel
- Banff Park Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banff Park Lodge is the only 4 Star Canada Select full-service resort hotel and conference centre with 211 rooms right in downtown Banff, in the heart of historical Banff National Park. We offer 2 restaurants, lobby bar, indoor pool with Jacuzzi and steam room, exercise facilities, self-serve laundry facilities, indoor parking and we offer Wi-Fi throughout the hotel.Our 211 spacious guest rooms are tastefully decorated and include coffee makers, in-room safe, convenience refrigerator, cable television, clock radio, direct dial telephone and voice mail system, a table with two chairs, large dresser, ample closet space, hair dryer, iron & board, individual climate control and a private balcony or patio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, EasyToBook and Otel so you can book your Banff Park Lodge Resort and Conference Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.