Stayed here two times with my husband, 12 & 13yr olds. We choose this resort mainly because it's close to Sunshine ski resort. The first stay was better the room was cleaner the second time the room was shabby & very rough around the edges the couch looked like and smelled like a dog had been sleeping on it we had to cover it with a blanket to sit on it.
The bath was dirty too.
The kitchen was very clean & everything worked. We had a loft for the kids which was very comfortable & clean.
You will likely see wildlife like deer & squirrels which was lovely. The log fire was a great bonus although the wood wasn't seasoned & didn't burn very well. Overall it's ok but could do with upgrades on some things.
The pool & hot tub & areas are clean & very nice.
I particularly liked the Turkish baths, steam room & sauna which are located in another building.
Probably would stay again if the price is right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tunnel Mountain Resort has everything you need for a perfect Banff vacation. Come get swept away in the majestic beauty of our Canadian Rockies resort. Our 96 unit resort in Banff National park has a wide variety of accommodations to suit every taste. The Tunnel Mountain Condos, Chalets, Cabins and Suites are perfect for the family or a getaway with friends or co-workers. The Executive Suites are ideal for the business traveler and perfect for couples looking for a luxurious, romantic Canadian Rockies getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Tunnel Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tunnel Mountain Hotel Banff
- Banff Tunnel Mountain Resort
- Banff Tunnel Mountain Chalet Hotel
- Tunnel Mountain Chalet
- Tunnel Mountain Banff