We stayed in a loft unit for a few nights in early December 2013 - my wife and I, and our 2 kids (2 months and 2 years).
The location is great - backing onto tall tress with mountain views between the branches. Parking is easy and free. It is too far to walk into Banff with a young family, so plan to drive or use the Roam Bus that stops right at the front door.
The space is large in the loft suites. The "Master Bedroom" is small, though, with only one queen bed and a short space between the bed and the 3 walls around it. It is big enough for a single or couple, but not for the whole family. With the furnace and other mechanical equipment in a non-sound-proofed corner of this room - it became Daddy's "snoring room".
The living room is large, with one full sofa-bed and a table with 4 chairs. The TV is large and modern. The fireplace is a great feature, and we used it each night.
The kitchen is well equipped with Ikea kitchen utensils and tools. It's basic - but it's all you really need for a few nights out - a full size fridge, stove top, oven, toaster, kettle, coffee pot, microwave, dishwasher, etc...
The bathroom is also adequate for a small family. Hot water pressure is low - but you didn't come here for a long day at the office followed by a long hot shower. If you need to steam out your muscles, they have hot tubs.
There is a balcony off the main floor that appears quite nice - although we did not use it in -36'C weather.
The stairs to the loft are a bit steeper than most will be used to in their city homes. This doesn't impact anyone, but it did make my wife more conscious of when / how our 2 year old was on the stairs.
The loft is huge, with 2 double beds and plenty of room for the Pack N Play and luggage. This was our main sleeping space.
- It was -36'C when we were there. The room was always warm. There were no icy cold drafts.
- The staff provide a Four Seasons level of Customer Service
- The space is large and the layout functional
- A night's worth of firewood, kindling and paper - delivered to your suite for $7
- Just like with any hotel/motel - there are opportunities to be cleaner and have greater attention to detail on the part of the cleaning staff
- The mechanical equipment off the MB is noisy, and would likely have bothered my toddler if I had tried to get her to sleep in there
We didn't have a chance to enjoy the pool or hot tubs.
Overall, we hope to stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tunnel Mountain Resort has everything you need for a perfect Banff vacation. Come get swept away in the majestic beauty of our Canadian Rockies resort. Our 96 unit resort in Banff National park has a wide variety of accommodations to suit every taste. The Tunnel Mountain Condos, Chalets, Cabins and Suites are perfect for the family or a getaway with friends or co-workers. The Executive Suites are ideal for the business traveler and perfect for couples looking for a luxurious, romantic Canadian Rockies getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Amex, Priceline, Orbitz and getaroom.com so you can book your Tunnel Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tunnel Mountain Hotel Banff
- Banff Tunnel Mountain Chalet Hotel
- Banff Tunnel Mountain Resort
- Tunnel Mountain Banff
- Tunnel Mountain Chalet