The location of the hotel is great - away from the hustle and bustle of downtown, but still close enough to walk there. A local bus runs frequently right in front of the hotel, so you can stay here even though you don't come by car. A small grocery store and a liqouer store across the street and both are open until 10pm - excellent! We stayed at a standard double room with a view to Rundle mountain. I could have stared at the view for hours! The room itself was spacey, the fireplace was great and the full kitchen was really handy and well equipped. A pleasant surprise was steam room, sauna and hot tub at the basement of our building, even though we Finns are not used to such a dry sauna ;) The hotel is quite
old and in need for some renovation, but hey, it is a budget hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tunnel Mountain Resort has everything you need for a perfect Banff vacation. Come get swept away in the majestic beauty of our Canadian Rockies resort.Our 95 unit resort in Banff National park has a wide variety of accommodations to suit every taste. The Tunnel Mountain Condos, Chalets, Cabins and Suites are perfect for the family or a getaway with friends or co-workers. The Executive Suites are ideal for the business traveler and perfect for couples looking for a luxurious, romantic Canadian Rockies getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Tunnel Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tunnel Mountain Hotel Banff
- Tunnel Mountain Chalet
- Tunnel Mountain Banff
- Banff Tunnel Mountain Chalet Hotel
- Banff Tunnel Mountain Resort