My fiancee and I travelled here in March 2012 with our 6 year old daughter and 14 year old son, and we stayed in a loft suite. There is a small bedroom when you first walk in with a queen bed, TV and a closet (this is where our older son stayed)- the room has it's own door that can be closed and locked. There was an issue with the TV, it had a broken power button for some reason and the remote was missing but we had someone from maintenance bring one up.
From there, you walk into a fully-equipped kitchen and a very large full bathroom to the left. Kitchen is fully stocked with everything you need for cooking - all cutlery, dishes, pots and pans, etc. From there, you walk into the dining room and living room. Couch has a hide-a-bed which our young daughter slept on no problem. There is a balcony off the living room which we had fun sitting on watching the deer walk around the hotel grounds eating.
Upstairs in the loft was a large king size bed, another TV, a half bath and a smaller private balcony.
The hotel has a swimming pool with a hot tub. The pool area was small and dated but the kids enjoyed it anyways.
Right across from this hotel is another one with a convenience store inside which came in handy for a couple of forgotten food items since this hotel is up the hill on Tunnel mountain, a short disctance from town. It should also be noted that because this area with a few hotels are up on the top of this mountain, there is a shuttle service that goes back and forth. Some of the hotels provide complimentary passes for this shuttle.
Overall, yes this hotel is dated, a bit older, but it's great value for the price. We didn't spend much time in it anyway aside from eating, showering and sleeping. Would recommend it to others, especially families and we would definitely go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tunnel Mountain Resort has everything you need for a perfect Banff vacation. Come get swept away in the majestic beauty of our Canadian Rockies resort. Our 96 unit resort in Banff National park has a wide variety of accommodations to suit every taste. The Tunnel Mountain Condos, Chalets, Cabins and Suites are perfect for the family or a getaway with friends or co-workers. The Executive Suites are ideal for the business traveler and perfect for couples looking for a luxurious, romantic Canadian Rockies getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Tunnel Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tunnel Mountain Hotel Banff
- Banff Tunnel Mountain Resort
- Tunnel Mountain Banff
- Banff Tunnel Mountain Chalet Hotel
- Tunnel Mountain Chalet