If it weren't for the renovation going on, our experience could of been much better.
But all in all, it was a good place to stay.
The staff was friendly.
1. great location
-only 10 minutes walk from the city center and 2 blocks to SAFEWAY for groceries.
Close enough to town, but not so loud.
2. rooms - no complaints!
I found it convenient that the vanity sink was located outside of the bathroom area
3. great continental breakfast
-had a variety of pastries, bread, yogurt, fruits, cereals, boiled eggs, juices, and great staff!
1. The parking area and outside of the property was under renovation when we visited.
So the parking spots were limited.
If you are not back early, you will need to find a spot on the street to park, which we really didn't have a problem with, however will become a problem if you have a lot of luggage to haul to and from your car.
2. the wi-fi was a problem.
It was hard to get any connection in our room.
Ours was on the 3rd floor, closer to the pool area.
3. NO air conditioning
We were there unfortunately on unusual hot summer days.
The first night we had our windows open, made our room somewhat cool, in exchange with interupted sleep all night! Seems like the hotel is close to the train station, and every time a train passes, you can hear the sirens, problably to warn the animals to get off the tracks!
4.elevator didn't work sometimes.
this probably had something to do with the renovation going on
5. the laundry room was out of service- again connected with the renovation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a Full Canadian Rockies Breakfast with every stay! A friendly hotel of 89 spacious rooms and a three minute stroll to downtown Banff. Guestrooms have a fresh, modern feel and room rates include our delicious full breakfast, wireless internet and parking. Amenities include two outdoor hot tubs with a fireplace, sauna & steam room, in-room refrigerators, ski bus stop close-by, ski work bench, internet access terminal, laundry facilities($) and terrific staff that provide exceptional service for all of our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, EasyToBook, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Banff Aspen Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banff Aspen Hotel Banff
- Banff Aspen Motel