“Ideal” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Banff Aspen Lodge

Save Saved
You added Banff Aspen Lodge to your Saves list
Banff Aspen Lodge
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   401 Banff Avenue, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1A9, Canada (Formerly Traveller's Inn)   |
Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Banff
cheshire
“Ideal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

far better than the 3* awarded, the staff on reception are all very helpful and friendly at all times, had our main dealings with an English guy who was very obliging, nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff.
RECEPTION STAFF ARE A TRUE ASSET TO THIS HOTEL AND ENHANCE THE GUESTS STAY.
Breakfast was just perfect to start off a day of skiing - do have a couple of suggestions though to keep more butter on the tables as had to keep asking for butter , also one useful tip would be to dress each table with a small jug of milk for adding to tea and coffee as had to either take hot beverages to the breakfast bar to add milk or take the milk away from the bar to take to our table ( i know that this is not the fault of the hotel as it is a private company who provide the breakfast service).
Excellent location
Room very comfortable, warm and quiet.
Hottubs excellent -
did not use sauna or steam room so unable to comment.
Overall a thouroughly fabulous time spent in Banff at the Aspen Lodge - would definitely stay again

Room Tip: we asked our agen to request a quiet room as had read one or two comments on tripadvisor about peopl...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
BanffAspen, Manager at Banff Aspen Lodge, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Thank you for sharing your Banff Aspen Lodge experience. I am glad that our Front Office staff were able to help you during your time at the hotel. I have passed your comments onto them! The hotel does run our Breakfast Room so thank you for your feedback. It is a great suggestion to have the milk on the tables. We are always looking for ways to make things more efficient during breakfast; I will speak with the Breakfast Room Manager to see if this is feasible while maintaining Alberta Health Services requirements.
Look forward to seeing you again~
Christy – Business Development Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Oshawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We came in very late and it was greeted by a very pleasant night auditor who gave us all the info we required quickly and then we were off to bed. The room was clean, quiet and in a good location. The breakfast was a perfect way to start our day with healthy options. I was very impressed with the friendliness of the breakfast staff as efficiently waited our table and provided us with drinks. Overall, although short this was a lovely stay. Thank you.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Fantastic location, awesome front desk, nice little pool and great size rooms! All fantabulous and i would stay at this hotel again and again if ever in banff!!! My only downer was that the wifi was a bit shoddy in the room and had to constantly come down to the reception to use. Im sure that can be improved though :)

• Stayed April 2012
I am happy to hear that the Banff Aspen Lodge was the best hotel of your trip and I hope you are able to visit us again!
Christy – Business Development Manager
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

If I was to come back go Banff, this is where I would choose to stay. I was here for a work/skiing trip and at first was underwhelmed from the outside view...
To my surprise the rooms were great and well furnished with all amenities needed. I only had the standard room which was very nice, and I did get to see other room types as well where friends were staying. Very comfortable, great location, comfy beds, bathroom a little basic, but met all requirements.
Loved the views from my balcony day and night. One of my colleagues was quite ill and needed an emergency doctor, the front desk staff were fantastic (not just during this but throughout our stay). We had to be out all day and they checked in on our colleague and made sure she had some food and was okay for us. Breakfast room was gorgeous, full of character, and though I am not a granola fan, I thought I would try the house specialty and was really surprised how much I enjoyed their whole breakfast, especially the famous granola! Will recommend this property for many reasons including the location, didn't want to leave.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

This was our first visit to Canada, the Aspen Lodge hotel and all of the staff made our stay very enjoyable. The location of the hotel is ideal with a short stroll into town. The included breakfast was always very good (especially the Granola !). Special thanks to Elise who forwarded on my sweaters which I left in my room. We would definately return, and recommend the hotel. Bob - UK.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Our room was beautiful and very nicely appointed and pretty comfortable. It fronted on a busy street with many buses going by but their noise had abated by the time we went to bed.

Towels were cheap and tissues scratchy and the hotel guide gave no guidance about how to use the internet. I finally had to call the desk to get the info I needed to use it.

Had a nice continental breakfast in a lovely diningroom filled with friendly travelers.
I would stay there again but they should upgrade towels and tissues.

Banff is so lovely that I would sleep in a tent for the chance to be there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
BanffAspen, Manager at Banff Aspen Lodge, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! I’m sorry the towels and tissues were not to your taste. We are reviewing their condition with our Executive Housekeeper to determine if changes are required. The in-room Guest Directory is currently being updated to include instructions on accessing our complimentary wireless internet. The Front Desk is available 24 hours a day to help and answer any questions that our guests have. I’m happy that you enjoyed your guestroom and our continental breakfast and Hope to see you again~
Christy - Business Development Manager
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Me and my girlfriend spent only a night at the Banff Aspen Lodge and boy I wish I could have stayed longer. As soon as we arrived we were welcomed by a very friendly and enthusiastic British man at the front desk who got us checked very quickly and recommended a number of restaurants and things to do in Banff. The room was very modern and spacious, yet still had the feeling that we were in the mountains with its wooden roof. Even though you could occasionally hear the sounds of the trains whistling at night, the rooms were very quiet (there was only one train that came through at night). The hotel is located within walking distance of downtown Banff making it easy to get to all the shops and restaurants that Banff has to offer. The free breakfast in the morning was a nice added value and all the staff were super friendly and amazing. We booked this hotel through Travel Alberta and very often will bundle hotel packages with either the Hot Springs or Gondola, if you can find these packages, they can help you save some money, especially the gondola. I would highly recommend this place to anyone, especially to those who live in the Calgary area and are just looking for a quick getaway.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east-southeast side do face one of the main roads into Banff, West side rooms are away...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Banff Aspen Lodge? Share your experiences!