“I will be back” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Banff Aspen Lodge

You added Banff Aspen Lodge to your Saves list
Banff Aspen Lodge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   401 Banff Avenue, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1A9, Canada (Formerly Traveller's Inn)   |
Offers & Announcements
Ski & Soak
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Banff
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sydney, Australia
“I will be back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

If I was to come back go Banff, this is where I would choose to stay. I was here for a work/skiing trip and at first was underwhelmed from the outside view...
To my surprise the rooms were great and well furnished with all amenities needed. I only had the standard room which was very nice, and I did get to see other room types as well where friends were staying. Very comfortable, great location, comfy beds, bathroom a little basic, but met all requirements.
Loved the views from my balcony day and night. One of my colleagues was quite ill and needed an emergency doctor, the front desk staff were fantastic (not just during this but throughout our stay). We had to be out all day and they checked in on our colleague and made sure she had some food and was okay for us. Breakfast room was gorgeous, full of character, and though I am not a granola fan, I thought I would try the house specialty and was really surprised how much I enjoyed their whole breakfast, especially the famous granola! Will recommend this property for many reasons including the location, didn't want to leave.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

This was our first visit to Canada, the Aspen Lodge hotel and all of the staff made our stay very enjoyable. The location of the hotel is ideal with a short stroll into town. The included breakfast was always very good (especially the Granola !). Special thanks to Elise who forwarded on my sweaters which I left in my room. We would definately return, and recommend the hotel. Bob - UK.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Our room was beautiful and very nicely appointed and pretty comfortable. It fronted on a busy street with many buses going by but their noise had abated by the time we went to bed.

Towels were cheap and tissues scratchy and the hotel guide gave no guidance about how to use the internet. I finally had to call the desk to get the info I needed to use it.

Had a nice continental breakfast in a lovely diningroom filled with friendly travelers.
I would stay there again but they should upgrade towels and tissues.

Banff is so lovely that I would sleep in a tent for the chance to be there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
BanffAspen, Manager at Banff Aspen Lodge, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! I’m sorry the towels and tissues were not to your taste. We are reviewing their condition with our Executive Housekeeper to determine if changes are required. The in-room Guest Directory is currently being updated to include instructions on accessing our complimentary wireless internet. The Front Desk is available 24 hours a day to help and answer any questions that our guests have. I’m happy that you enjoyed your guestroom and our continental breakfast and Hope to see you again~
Christy - Business Development Manager
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Me and my girlfriend spent only a night at the Banff Aspen Lodge and boy I wish I could have stayed longer. As soon as we arrived we were welcomed by a very friendly and enthusiastic British man at the front desk who got us checked very quickly and recommended a number of restaurants and things to do in Banff. The room was very modern and spacious, yet still had the feeling that we were in the mountains with its wooden roof. Even though you could occasionally hear the sounds of the trains whistling at night, the rooms were very quiet (there was only one train that came through at night). The hotel is located within walking distance of downtown Banff making it easy to get to all the shops and restaurants that Banff has to offer. The free breakfast in the morning was a nice added value and all the staff were super friendly and amazing. We booked this hotel through Travel Alberta and very often will bundle hotel packages with either the Hot Springs or Gondola, if you can find these packages, they can help you save some money, especially the gondola. I would highly recommend this place to anyone, especially to those who live in the Calgary area and are just looking for a quick getaway.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east-southeast side do face one of the main roads into Banff, West side rooms are away...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed at the Banff Aspen Lodge for 2 nights. We arrived late at night and was greeted by a very friendly and helpful englishman at the front desk who was able to recommend several places to eat once we were settled. The hotel is located within walking distance to the main townsite, but far enough away from all the rowdy party go-ers

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
cornwall uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

This was our second stay at the lodge and was again very impressed. We were there for 10 nights and I only wish we had another 10! Room was large, very clean and well appointed with free safe, hairdryer, iron and ironing board, toiletries, tea/coffee making, fridge, tv, alarm clock, phone...what more could you possibly need? Housekeeping every day - some days she forgot the towels or glasses but hey, no big deal. Fab outdoor jacuzzis, a real plus after a day on the slopes, towels provided too. They have a steam room, sauna and cold filtered water plus laundry room - washer and dryer $2.50 each. Breakfast more than adequate - don't get how people complain about the breakfast, each to their own I suppose. Really friendly reception staff, nothing too much trouble. My only slight gripe would be the weekend decension of party goers who swamp the hottubs, they are loud and blatently drinking in the the tubs despite signs saying its prohibited - I am not a snob or partypooper but their 'excessive loudness' is a bit much. We also found that their 4am returns disturbed us but there again, we were near the lift. We will return....

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
BanffAspen, Manager at Banff Aspen Lodge, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thank you for sharing your Banff Aspen Lodge experience. We really appreciate your comments and have passed your feedback onto the relevant Department Managers to review with their team to improve our hotel’s performance. I am happy to know that you appreciated the outdoor hot tubs with fireplace; it is an awesome way to relax after a day of skiing or boarding! See you again soon~
Christy – Business Development Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We stayed here for 11 in one of the second level rooms with a balcony it was huge. The staff were always helpful The rooms were really spacious and the hot tubs were awesome. Best place we stayed in Canada!

Been to Banff Aspen Lodge? Share your experiences!