“Elegant hotel tucked away on the side of the mountain” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rimrock Resort Hotel

You added Rimrock Resort Hotel to your Saves list
Rimrock Resort Hotel
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   300 Mountain Avenue | Box 1110, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1J2, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Banff
Calgary, Canada
“Elegant hotel tucked away on the side of the mountain”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I'ved always wanted to visit the Rimrock Resort Hotel and used my birthday as an excuse to to book a ski weekend. I wanted quiet time so I picked a hotel that was far from the bars, pubs and shops of Banff.

This place has immaculate service. From the moment our car pulled up in the front, we handed over our keys to the valet and he took care of the vehicle. We walked in and was greeted with friendly and professional staff to check us in. The place was busy, hosting both international tourists and local weekenders.

Our hotel room was huge and comfortable. For those who expect modern furnishings or decor, better luck at a boutique hotel. If what you are looking for is a comfortable space or lodging to appreciate nature, then you're in luck. Although we had an obstructed view covered by trees, our window was large and it gave me a cozy feeling as if we was nestled in a forest. And we went downstairs to the lounge and stared at the mountains in awe.

Amenities in the room were standard with coffee maker, flat screen tv, and safe.

Hot tub, gym and pool were available for hotel guests. Also nice to enjoy a latte and a croissant at their little coffee shop.

And yes, ski shuttles do pick up here and you are also not far from the hot springs. If you don't drive, there is a bus stop in front of the hotel.

Room Tip: If the view is important, ask for an unobstructed window view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Rimrock_Mgmnt, Manager at Rimrock Resort Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
We are delighted that you were able to join us for a ski get-away, and more so a Birthday celebration! Our team takes great pride in delivering great WOW experiences to our guests and we love to hear your feedback and share your comments with our team!

We look forward to your next stay, and hope to have you for next year's Birthday celebration!

Rimrock Resort Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (485)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Lacombe, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Stayed at the Rimrock for a family/business trip. Service was excellent as usual and staff was friendly and helpful. Lounge is amazing to have a drink and room service was very good. Enjoyed our stay -- as usual.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to find some time to spend with your family while here on business.

We look forward to your next stay!

Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Everything is okay like always short time this time ,I'll be back pretty soon ,next month probably so I'll see you soon bye-bye. The people there are always wonderful with us and always recommend my friends to go there ,yes it's a good location and I always have a good time there with friends ore Family.
Thanks to all

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and we look forward to your next visit!

Calgary
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

My fiance and I needed a little getaway so we booked one night at the Rimrock. It was a cold day so we checked in (early), valet'd the car and got to our room. It was pretty nice. big bed, junior suite, jacuzzi tub (mega old, sounded like a jet engine). We went down to the pool and it was very nice. Huge hot tub, dry sauna and steam room. After a nice time at the pool we went back to the room and got room service for lunch. Cesar salad and a chicken sandwich...both good, not great, chicken was dry.

We had reservation for 7pm at the Primrose restaurant. Italian food, not busy in there at all. We got some red wine and bruschetta and I ordered a seafood pasta thing and my fiance got the veal spagetti and meatballs. Thank god I never took a bite because there was a DARK CURLY HAIR in my meal. It really turned us off. They promptly got me a different dinner and gave us a free dessert but I was a bit surprised they weren't more accomodating to something that gross.

Beds were nice, quiet, and then in the morning we ordered some room service for breakfast. My fiance got delicous eggs benny and I got the waffles. They looked good, they smelled good and they were the consistency of pound cake. Super dense, dry and really really bad. They took the waffles off the bill.

So...hmmm...it was my first time to this hotel. I had higher expectations I guess. It could have been great but the hotel had kinda of a cold vibe to it. Add in the hair in my entree and the bad breakfast, I don't know when we will return.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We are disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your complete experience. A member of our guest service leadership team will be in contact with you shortly to ensure complete follow-up for you.

Thank you and again.

Edmonton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Posh, so not a place I would usually stay- but very nice to get a chance to treat myself to some luxury! Rated value as 'very good' because I think that is subjective, and really- I would normally stay in a less expensive place.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Rimrock_Mgmnt, Manager at Rimrock Resort Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We are delighted that you were able to treat yourself and join us for a stay. We encourage you to peruse our webpage to see great deals and promotions, so that you can come back and visit us again soon.

Westlock
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Very few experience comes close to what Rimrock provided. Elegant classic architecture married with the opulence of the view of the Rockie Mountains and the warmth of the staff in every corner. One of the best hotels I have ever been to.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We are so excited that you enjoyed your experience with us, and that you were able to enjoy not just the views but also the staff, and the service that they have pride in delivering every day!

We look forward to your next stay.

St. Albert
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

One of my favorite places in the Canadian Rockies. Outstanding location. Fantastic service. Great rooms. There is very little not to like about the Rimrock!
The food is a tad pricey at times but the quality is overall good.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Rimrock_Mgmnt, Manager at Rimrock Resort Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
We are pleased that you enjoyed your experience with us and look forward to your next visit!

Rimrock Resort Hotel Management

Been to Rimrock Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!