“Awesome surprise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rimrock Resort Hotel

Save Saved
You added Rimrock Resort Hotel to your Saves list
Rimrock Resort Hotel
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   300 Mountain Avenue | Box 1110, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1J2, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #2 of 33 hotels in Banff
Mannville, Canada
“Awesome surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

After a long drive trough the mountains we came to an excellent hotel. We were upgraded to a corner suite, which had one king size bed and a pull out sofa which was perfect for our family!
We were hungry so we ordered room service, portions were huge. Nachos would feed a family of four (We orderd just for a snack, but there was more than enough for a snack). Awesome pool and everyone was very helpful!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Rimrock_Mgmnt, Guest Relations Manager at Rimrock Resort Hotel, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Thank you for chosing to stay with us, with your family. We are pleased that enjoyed your stay so much. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of the pool, and indulge in the amazing nachos! We hope you will come back soon, and try out our new menu!

We look forward to your next visit.

Rimrock Resort Hotel Management

1,931 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Whitefish, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Just returned to my home in Whitefish, MT after a 3 night stay at the Rimrock Hotel. Lucky enough to score a fantastic suite over a holiday weekend. It was very busy when I arrived at the hotel, lots of guest leaving and checking in all at the same time. The outstanding Bellmen could have not been more friendly and helpful even with so much activity. The staff was friendly and helpful, the hotel seemed to run very smoothly and professional. The rooms were very nice and comfy beds and duvets. My room was on the main floor not far from the front entrance, I couldn't believe how soundproof it was. I never heard any noise from the cars at all. Room service was super fast and very sweet friendly young ladies couldn't have been more nice. I hadn't been to the Banff area in 30 years, super crowded over the holiday weekend, but stunning little village and with views are breathtaking. Had a great time and really enjoyed the Rimrock.

Room Tip: I was on the main 7th floor, super quite rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us so much! I am glad that you were able to get out and visit Banff again, and pleased you chose to stay with us. Our team prides themselves on delivering exceptional guest services, and with passion they deliver. It was an honour to pass on your comments to our team.

We look forward to your next visit!

Rimrock Resort Hotel Management
chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I loved this hotel. It is not too large so it felt like we had some personalized service. The amenities included a small workout facility, a pool and Jacuzzi (which were loaded with kids during the labor day holiday), and several restaurants. The two caveats are that there is a $30 charge for valet parking or a $16 charge for self parking. If self parking is full they will valet park your car but charge you selfpark rates. The other thing to consider is the two mile trek into downtown Banff. During the busy holiday weekend it took 20 minutes. Nothing in the Canadian Rockies is inexpensive during but I felt this was worth the money if you are ok with the location. We also had a great view. The bed was super comfortable and the room wad spacious.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Rimrock_Mgmnt, Guest Relations Manager at Rimrock Resort Hotel, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your overall stay. I appreciate your feedback in regards to parking fees, and have passed it on to our Management Team for use in making future decisions.

I look forward to your next visit. Please let me know if I can be of any additional assistance.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Not impressed. We were expecting a 4 star hotel experience. We got a 2 star (at 4 star prices). Room wasn't ready. No attempt by desk person to give us a time of when room would be ready despite being asked to do so. Lame. He said he'd call us. He didn't. Room looked into a forest of trees. No mountain view. Yes, I had requested one at my booking 5 months beforehand. Rules, everywhere...'don't open this door', 'kids not allowed unattended', 'closed until 5:30'. What an uptight place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the opportunity to share your experience after your recent stay.

We truly appreciate your constructive feedback and I have passed it on to the respective departments for appropriate follow-up.

I hope that you will return to the hotel.

Gullane, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

The Rimrock is a very good hotel, with its location the only possible drawback, as it is about two miles uphill near the Gondola. For some, this might not be a worry, as there is a free shuttle bus every 40 minutes from the hotel into the town centre. But if you want to be the centre of town with easy access to the restaurants, you won't want to be here, especially as the restaurants are very expensive. In every other respect the hotel is excellent. The bedroom was extremely comfortable, with everything you need. There is a large swimming pool, a good spa and great views. Charging $16 a night for self parking did seem a bit steep.

Room Tip: Don't bother paying for a view - you can see it from elsewhere in the hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience! Thank you for joining us all the way from the UK.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your overall stay at the hotel, and appreciate the constructive feedback.

I hope that you were able to take advantage of the complimentary Roam Transit system, as it is a perk we love to be able to provide to our guests.

I hope that you are able to come and stay with us again. Please let me know if I can be of any additional assistance.

Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

OK, you can't afford the Fairmont, this is the next best. Great staff, food, and rooms. It was a lovely stay. You weren't downtown, which was nice. Anyway, it was our first trip together and it was very romantic. Sitting on the balcony, having some wine, looking out over the hills, can't ask for more.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the opportunity to share your experience.
I am glad that you were able to enjoy the mountain views, while relaxing on our balcony. I hope your next trip together will be to The Rimrock.
We look forward to your next stay.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

From the moment you arrive at Rimrock, there is a welcoming warmth like coming home. The accommodations are spacious and every room has a spectacular view. The hospitality of the entire staff and service to all our needs were first rate. Every amenity you'd want is available including terrific restaurants with sumptous meals. The cleanliness was 5 star as well. The Rimrock, its location and spectacular views made Banff an experience we will never forget.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
I am pleased to read that you had a great stay with us. We pride ourselves on having passionate and welcoming team members and we are always proud of the service they share.

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

I look forward to your next stay.

cara.ullyot@rimrockresort.com

Been to Rimrock Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!