“Wonderful place to stay in Banff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rimrock Resort Hotel

You added Rimrock Resort Hotel to your Saves list
Rimrock Resort Hotel
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   300 Mountain Avenue | Box 1110, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1J2, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Banff
“Wonderful place to stay in Banff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

My husband booked a room here for our first anniversary and the experience was absolutely superb. The service was top notch. We dined at their restaurant Eden which I would highly recommend for a delicious romantic dinner. The swimming pool, huge hot tub, and steam room were also great. We also loved how it was right across from the hot springs and a short walk to the gondola. The views are also stunning. Only negative I would point out is that the decor is a bit dated and there was a slightly interesting scent in the rooms. Some air fresheners would go a long way. Otherwise, the bed was super comfy and everything was clean. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (484)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Stayed five nights at Rimrock Resort Hotel and loved it. The staff took great care of us from the time we arrived through our departure. Had a standard room on the eighth floor with a stunning mountain view. The rooms are clean and housekeeping was great. The Rimrock is a true four star hotel! Would recommend self-parking for $16 a night, in their well lit and maintained parking garage, as opposed to $30 for valet parking. I also found free Wi-Fi on one of there "test" networks and avoided paying for it. I was initially 'worried' about the location.... as the hotel looks like it is out of town on a map... but it isn't. You are downtown in less than five minutes. Great affordable restaurants downtown, as I mostly avoided the hotel for meals. Would gladly stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain or valley view on a upper floor (8th or 9th).
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I got to go to this hotel as a prize and we had a "standard view" room. Um, there's nothing standard about this view! It was amazing! I found the staff very nice, and the hotel was beautiful and majestic in the rockies!! I didn't eat there because it was crazy expensive, except for the conference I was attending, I would say the food for the conference was average...your typical conference food, nothing spectacular but not bad.
If you can afford it - stay here! If not, then Banff is magical as it is and you can stay somewhere cheaper I'm sure!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

After reading so many conflicting reviews about the Rimrock, we really didn't know what to expect and were very pleasantly surprised. The hotel is not perfect and does show a bit of wear and tear in places but the staff is very welcoming and accommodating; the rooms are spacious and comfortable; the food is good; the hotel is overall quiet and secluded. We were lucky to get a wonderful Grand View room on top floor (902) it had the most spectacular view of the valley and the town of Banff. I doubt one would fine a better view in town. We stayed for two nights over the weekend, the hotel was busy but still fairly quiet. This hotel is a good option for people looking for a relaxing stay in Banff.

Room Tip: top floor rooms offer better view
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Rimrock_Mgmnt, Guest Relations Manager at Rimrock Resort Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and were abel to take advantage of one of our Grandview guest rooms. With views to rival the Banff Gondola, and the amenities to compliment, it is a great deal.

Please let me know if I can be of any additional assistance. I look forward to your next visit!

Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

The views from this hotel are spectacular. Unfortunately the rooms have only been partially updated and are tired and out of date. The bathroom was old and small. The common areas are much nicer, the gym and pool are good. The location is a bit out from town so you have to take a shuttle bus to get into town, free for hotel guests. Food in restaurants was fine. Staff were friendly.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience! I appreciate the feedback in regards to our guest rooms and I have brought it forward to our Management team, to assist in further decisions that we make. Our goal is to always meet and exceed your expecatations, and your valued feedback is a tool that allows us to work towards that.

Please let me know if I can be of any additional assistance.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Fabulous hotel! From the location, staff, rooms, this place is 5 star all the way. I have stayed at the Rimrock for dental conferences on three separate occasions and have never had a bad experience. The only recommendation I could make to the hotel to improve their service would be to offer free wifi. With the amount you pay for your room, Internet service should be free. I would highly recommend this hotel. It's a great experience!

Room Tip: All of the rooms I've Ayer in ave been great. Spectacular views of the mountains, all rooms I...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experiences on TripAdvisor! I am glad that you are able to visit on a regular basis ~ we love being your home away from home. Thank you for the feedback in reagrds to the wifi and please know that we are in the process on evaluating the services that we provide to ensure that we continue to meet and exceed your expectations.

Please let me know if I can be of any additional assistance. I look forward to your next visit.

Cochrane, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Living just 60 minutes east of Banff my wife and I decided to take a day trip to Banff for some fresh mountain air and beautiful views. While relaxing over a burger and beer at Earls restaurant we both were thinking the same thing. Maybe we should spend the night in Banff.
It had been more than 20 years since we had stayed at the Rimrock, and on a whim, decided to drive to the hotel and check on availability. After a brief conversation with front desk staff we booked room 428 for the night. The room was beautiful. An outside deck with sliding doors allowed views of the valley and snowy peaks of mount Rundle that took our breath away. The room had a king size bed, small fridge, coffee maker and ample packs of coffee for the morning. The room was spacious and very clean.
We made good use of the lounge that first night.
The hotel was so beautiful and relaxing that when we woke up the next morning I approached the front desk and was able to book a second night in the same room.
The hotel staff were exceptional and bent over backwards to ensure our brief stay was perfect.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a day, or a week, in this beautiful mountain town.

Room Tip: Book a Grand View Room. It's coast a bit more but it included valet parking and 15% off food and...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for allowing us to be your Home away from Home for the weekend ~ we hope to conitinue to be your vacation home in the mountains! Even though we are only an hour away, it is a hidden gem in the mountains that allows you to leave everything behind.

We look forward to your next visit! Please let me know if I can be of any additional assistance.

cara.ullyot@rimrockresort.com

Been to Rimrock Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!