“Amazing Views!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rimrock Resort Hotel

Save Saved
You added Rimrock Resort Hotel to your Saves list
Rimrock Resort Hotel
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   300 Mountain Avenue | Box 1110, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1J2, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #2 of 33 hotels in Banff
Calgary, Canada
“Amazing Views!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I got to go to this hotel as a prize and we had a "standard view" room. Um, there's nothing standard about this view! It was amazing! I found the staff very nice, and the hotel was beautiful and majestic in the rockies!! I didn't eat there because it was crazy expensive, except for the conference I was attending, I would say the food for the conference was average...your typical conference food, nothing spectacular but not bad.
If you can afford it - stay here! If not, then Banff is magical as it is and you can stay somewhere cheaper I'm sure!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

1,792 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

After reading so many conflicting reviews about the Rimrock, we really didn't know what to expect and were very pleasantly surprised. The hotel is not perfect and does show a bit of wear and tear in places but the staff is very welcoming and accommodating; the rooms are spacious and comfortable; the food is good; the hotel is overall quiet and secluded. We were lucky to get a wonderful Grand View room on top floor (902) it had the most spectacular view of the valley and the town of Banff. I doubt one would fine a better view in town. We stayed for two nights over the weekend, the hotel was busy but still fairly quiet. This hotel is a good option for people looking for a relaxing stay in Banff.

Room Tip: top floor rooms offer better view
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Rimrock_Mgmnt, Guest Relations Manager at Rimrock Resort Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and were abel to take advantage of one of our Grandview guest rooms. With views to rival the Banff Gondola, and the amenities to compliment, it is a great deal.

Please let me know if I can be of any additional assistance. I look forward to your next visit!

Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

The views from this hotel are spectacular. Unfortunately the rooms have only been partially updated and are tired and out of date. The bathroom was old and small. The common areas are much nicer, the gym and pool are good. The location is a bit out from town so you have to take a shuttle bus to get into town, free for hotel guests. Food in restaurants was fine. Staff were friendly.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience! I appreciate the feedback in regards to our guest rooms and I have brought it forward to our Management team, to assist in further decisions that we make. Our goal is to always meet and exceed your expecatations, and your valued feedback is a tool that allows us to work towards that.

Please let me know if I can be of any additional assistance.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Fabulous hotel! From the location, staff, rooms, this place is 5 star all the way. I have stayed at the Rimrock for dental conferences on three separate occasions and have never had a bad experience. The only recommendation I could make to the hotel to improve their service would be to offer free wifi. With the amount you pay for your room, Internet service should be free. I would highly recommend this hotel. It's a great experience!

Room Tip: All of the rooms I've Ayer in ave been great. Spectacular views of the mountains, all rooms I...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experiences on TripAdvisor! I am glad that you are able to visit on a regular basis ~ we love being your home away from home. Thank you for the feedback in reagrds to the wifi and please know that we are in the process on evaluating the services that we provide to ensure that we continue to meet and exceed your expectations.

Please let me know if I can be of any additional assistance. I look forward to your next visit.

Cochrane, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Living just 60 minutes east of Banff my wife and I decided to take a day trip to Banff for some fresh mountain air and beautiful views. While relaxing over a burger and beer at Earls restaurant we both were thinking the same thing. Maybe we should spend the night in Banff.
It had been more than 20 years since we had stayed at the Rimrock, and on a whim, decided to drive to the hotel and check on availability. After a brief conversation with front desk staff we booked room 428 for the night. The room was beautiful. An outside deck with sliding doors allowed views of the valley and snowy peaks of mount Rundle that took our breath away. The room had a king size bed, small fridge, coffee maker and ample packs of coffee for the morning. The room was spacious and very clean.
We made good use of the lounge that first night.
The hotel was so beautiful and relaxing that when we woke up the next morning I approached the front desk and was able to book a second night in the same room.
The hotel staff were exceptional and bent over backwards to ensure our brief stay was perfect.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a day, or a week, in this beautiful mountain town.

Room Tip: Book a Grand View Room. It's coast a bit more but it included valet parking and 15% off food and...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for allowing us to be your Home away from Home for the weekend ~ we hope to conitinue to be your vacation home in the mountains! Even though we are only an hour away, it is a hidden gem in the mountains that allows you to leave everything behind.

We look forward to your next visit! Please let me know if I can be of any additional assistance.

Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stayed just one night but our experience was great! Our room was nice and spacious, and even though we were on a lower level we still had a nice view. Only complaint, and it's not really a complaint more of an observation was that there was peeling wallpaper in our bathroom and sink faucets were not totally clean - had caked on soap in the grooves. Squeaky bathroom door too. The valet service was exceptional! Thanks for a lovely stay, we will be back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sometimes all you need is a night! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I was pleased to read that even in 1 night you were able to enjoy the property and the services. I appreciate you taking the opportunity to also share the concern from your guest room, and would like to share that we are currently in a process of refreshing our guest rooms, to ensure that we continue to meet and exceed your expectations.

Please let me know if I can be of any additional assistance. I look forward to your next stay!

Devon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

The room was quite large and comfortable, and the view was stunning. We were able to see Tunnel Mountain the Bow Valley and the Town of banff from the comfort of our king size bed.
The food we ate, both from room service and in the restaurants was five star quality and the ambiance was quiet and relaxed.
The hotel also has a lovely spa with a pool and hot tub. The temperature of the pool water seem to us to be just right. We have been to many hotels where the pool is so cool that it is difficult enjoy a relaxing time. The Rimrocks pool was nice and warm but not too hot.
Also there are natural hot springs right across the street though they are not part of the hotel facilities.
We throughly enjoyed our three night stay and would like to thank all of the staff there for there excellent service and friendliness.

Room Tip: Rooms in the north wing were quieter, also you can specify what kind of view you would like, mountai...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us, and were able to take advantage of the facilities and close attractions.

We look forward to your next visit. Please let me know if I can be of any additional assistance.

cara.ullyot@rimrockresort.com

Been to Rimrock Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!